Mike Detillier’s Top 32 Players for the 2011 NFL Draft [MOD EDIT - Bumped thread from December 2010] (1 Viewer)

22. Ryan Kerrigan-Defensive End 6-3 ¼, 262 Purdue
23. Cameron Jordan-Defensive End 6-3 ½, 285 California
or
DT Stephen Paea

I Love Ryan Kerrigan. I'd be very pleased with him as our pick.

I like Jared Crick at NT, Justin Houston at SLB/DE, Ryan Kerrigan at DE and Mark Herzlich at SLB.

In the Sporting News annual, the editors picked Nebraska junior defensive tackle Jared Crick as the best player in college football.

Obviously being the best player in college football doesn't always mean being the best draft-eligible player in the nation. But it's interesting, especially since TSN also names Crick a Heisman Trophy candidate.

"The most disruptive defender in the college game. Think Ndamukong Suh. He's that good," is how TSN described him.

High praise.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/5/30/1493732/sporting-news-says-jared-crick

7. Jake Locker-Quarterback 6-3, 225 Washington
10. Ryan Mallett-Quarterback 6-6 ½, 240 Arkansas **

I dunno about this. Locker is more mobile, but Mallett is a better pocket passer IMO. Mallett also has a tremendous arm - I think he'll be a better pro.

What about that linebacker from
Notre Dame?

I know Julio scorched Auburn last week, but he just hasn't impressed me that much in his college career. He's good, but nowhere near AJ Green.

This is almost definitely a product of Stockholm Syndrome from living in Birmingham, but I think Julio does a lot that you don't see. He doesn't have the AJ Green skill set, but a lot of what he does happens off the ball. He's a team-first guy and is a phenomenal down-field blocker. He reminds me a lot of Keyshawn sans the big mouth.

That said, I'd say Childs, Green and Alshon Jeffery are all better draft prospects, but all 4 are first round talent.

17 out of the 32 are on the defensive side of the ball. 3 outside LBers but no inside guys.

My opinion.....

First of all I am an avid LSU fan and I love Drake Nevis. He is a disrupter and has a phenomenal break on the snap (quick first and second step). He has extremely quick hands. He is a hustler and doesn't give up on plays.

Drake Nevis is a 285 lb. Defensive Tackle though, and that is about 15 lbs. short of where he needs to be for the NFL. He played closer to 300 lbs. last year and didn't have the first step he does this year, therefore 300 lbs. is not a good playing weight for him. Long story short, I don't think he is first round material. He might be a 3rd round talent. IN the nfl he could be used on passing downs, but not a 3 down defensive tackle. He is too light to defend against the run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom