Mike Detillier on the Herd (ESPN) Extolling the virtues of the Saints (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
He spoke about how far under the radar this team is, how great the defense is playing, especially pass defense which has only given up 7 passing TDs through 10 games.

He spoke about how the defense has been carrying this team and has bailed the offense out.

He said that the Cleveland game REALLY woke up the players and the O is really starting to hit it's stride. He also mentioned the Cardinal game contributing to that concern.

BTW, SAINTSREPORT.COM was on the screen for a good bit of time.

He spoke about how far under the radar this team is, how great the defense is playing, especially pass defense which has only given up 7 passing TDs through 10 games.

He spoke about how the defense has been carrying this team and has bailed the offens out.

He said that the Cleveland game REALLY woke up the players and the O is really starting to hit it's stride. He also mentioned the Cardinal game contributing to that concern.
The Cleveland and Cardinal games were lost on turnovers, and the turnovers resulted from pressure on Drew.

Part of that has been the loss of Thomas and Bush, with new back less adept at pass protection and the lack of Bush as an outlet. But the OL, has been letting Drew get pressured a bit more as well.

Clean that up, and Drew will find the open man, and the running game will benefit as well.

I agree about the Cleveland game. The Cardinals game was probably looked at as an abberation by the majority of the team. The Atlanta loss was to a good team, and should have been a win.

It wasn't until the Cleveland game that everyone had to take a long hard look at themselves and decide if they wanted to play for another championship or finish the season 9-7/10-6 and miss the playoffs.

Judging from the play the last 3 games, I'm happy to report that it seems to be the former.

The Cleveland and Cardinal games were lost on turnovers, and the turnovers resulted from pressure on Drew.

Part of that has been the loss of Thomas and Bush, with new back less adept at pass protection and the lack of Bush as an outlet. But the OL, has been letting Drew get pressured a bit more as well.

Clean that up, and Drew will find the open man, and the running game will benefit as well.

Well said:plus-un2:

I guess that I was naive but I thought his team was above-trap games and would give their best effort for every game regardless of the opponent. But the Cleveland game showed me that mentally we weren't tough enough to focus and really take every oppnent extremely seriously. Maybe from now on, this won't happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom