Mike Detillier: Some draft day memories (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1585458057809.png

By Mike Detillier / Sports Correspondent

The NFL has decided to keep its draft on April 23-25, but the format of having the top players in one location, with all kinds of fanfare and the normally huge production will not occur.

So two guys that saw the draft in a different world and in different times (Terry Bradshaw and Archie Manning) spoke this week about the format of when they were selected and the draft today.

Former Louisiana Tech quarterback Terry Bradshaw was the first overall pick in the 1970 draft, but the strong-armed signal-caller had no idea of the format of the draft or where he would get selected.

“The coverage of the NFL draft back in 1970 was nothing compared to what it is today,” Bradshaw said. “The coaches at Louisiana Tech told me the (New Orleans) Saints had a lot of interest in me and I knew they had a fairly high pick in the opening round, (actually the 10th overall), but I never thought I would be the first overall pick. Matter of fact I didn’t know I was going to be a first-round pick. I would have loved to play for the Saints and it would have kept me in Louisiana, but I didn’t really know how all this draft stuff worked.”

Full Story - houmatoday.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom