Mike Detillier: Starting out fast matters for Saints (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1599979646011.png

By Mike Detillier / Sports Correspondent

The New Orleans Saints will have an exciting challenge in their season opener this year.

The Saints are one of the most talented teams in the NFL and it will have another shot to make it to the Super Bowl this season, but there will be some major competition in the NFC South and it comes from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I have heard this story before throughout the years that this will be the year the Buccaneers make a run to the playoffs, but they have been pretenders to make that journey.

This year they are not pretenders, but contenders and we might just see these two teams play more than two games during the 2020 season, maybe a third come playoff time.

Since the 2019 season ended, the Buccaneers have added legendary quarterback Tom Brady, veteran halfbacks LeSean “Shady” McCoy and former LSU standout Leonard Fournette, future NFL Hall of Fame tight end Rob Gronkowski, two standout rookies in offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs and safety Antoine Winfield, Jr., a stout front-seven versus the run defensively returns and former LSU star linebacker Devin White.

Full Story - houmatoday.com

Looking at the schedule, I have us starting fast with a 6-1 record. Then the schedule gets really tough. I think we finish 12-4.

Agree with everything in the article:

-Today is a lot more important than a typical season-opener. More than just starting fast, you can’t afford to lose to your most likely challenger in the division at home to kick off the season.

-Line play is more important today than ever. No preseason, no real crowd noise to give you an extra half-second or cause false starts.

Thankfully, we *should* have an advantage up front to mitigate whatever they throw at us early. Even with Davenport out, I’ll take our DL vs their DL and vice versa (I hope, lol).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom