Mike D's 1st round projections (1 Viewer)

Im not ready to go that far yet.

I think that personal motivation plays a big part like it did with Cameron Jordan. I never saw him as a player that would be able to post more than 6 sacks in a season after 2011, but he lost weight, worked on his technique, approached the game with a solid attitude and was probably our best LE since Darren Howard last year.

Lemonier is a junior and didn't play at the senior bowl but i'd be ecstatic to take him in that range. He might be the second best edge-setting 3-4 linebacker in the draft behind ansah, and he really gets good extention on tackles with his arms against the run.

Sio Moore reminds me of an undeveloped version of James harrison and Devin Taylor might be an Aldon Smith Clone with better physical talent.

Well, that's the crapshoot nature of the draft. It's very hard to measure desire and motivation, or project how that will work when young guys start getting paid lots of money. Not suggesting in any way that Ansah isn't motivated or doesn't have the desire, quite the opposite in fact. But I think for someone learning the game to be able to maximise their physical talent and to allow that to translate to making an impact quickly, a more settled environment/defense would be preferable I think. Not suggesting he couldn't make it with us, but it might take him longer to begin to make an impact with us than another team. There was talk there of Jimmy Graham having been able to really make an impact quickly despite being relatively experienced - but look at the situation he came into - strong leadership, continuity, etc etc. Had Graham gone to some place with the worst offense ever in the history of the NFL and with a new coordinator and lots of questions, would he have made as big an impact and as quickly as he did with us? My instinct tells me no.

I think I got my prospects mixed up. I was watching Michael Buchanan of Illinois and, for whatever bizarre reason, thought I was watching Corey Lemonier. I thought that Lemonier played for Clemson, not sure why, and the Illinois/Clemson helmets are roughly the same colour etc. So, I have no idea about Lemonier, other than hearing the name a few times and reading a few reports. However, I thought Michael Buchanan looks like a decent prospect for 3-4 OLB in the 3rd/4th Round based on what snippets I saw in the Senior Bowl.

Thankfully I come here to find out a little bit more about some of these players from people like yourself. :)

Even if we resign Bushrod I think we are going to go OT.

Rumors of Revis going to Tampa Bay or 49ers. I think looking at the playoffs teams put up a lot of points. If you don't have a QB, an Oline, and have a pass rush you won't be as successful. We have the QB but imagine a stud LT, Grubbs, DLP, JE, Bushrod. We can pass and run the ball. I think in FA we have to fix the pass rush. These amazing defense gave up a ton of points in the playoffs.

I want be mad if it was Ansah but if Dion Jordan is on the board its a no brainer...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom