Mike florio’s take on the saints . (1 Viewer)

its true that they haven't been able to put teams away. Atl and Car should not have been in those games so late. But it isn't like what normally happens where there is a monster hole somewhere like pass defense. We just haven't gotten all the pieces clicking at one time. We have to clean up the penalties (and much of that is in our control even with the refs) But other than that we just have to get to hitting on all cylinders in every phase. We have an incredible defense when 100 percent healthy. We have the kicker. And though our offense is no where near the explosive beast it was 9 years ago, it has enough weapons and a true general to move the chains and get that kill shot at the end of the game.

and as a side note, how does Florio list the Seahawks as one of the teams they should have stepped on their throat? "6 points, it shouldn't have been that close" How many teams can go in to that stadium and roll over them big? And that was Bridgewaters first start in a game that mattered in years. I count that as an incredible victory no matter how you can get it.

I think some part of it is that this team knows this is probably its last chance with Brees for the Super Bowl. They're sort of sleepwalking through the regular season until the games mean more. They seem to be doing just enough to win because the regular season isnt as important as what's coming. The team had to turn up the intensity when Brees got injured, so everyone played their best with Teddy in the game because that's what was needed to stay afloat.

Can the team turn it on when needed? I'm not sure if it's possible to just flip a switch and become dominant again. The first glimpse will be next weekend against the 49ers for sure. Will it be a 2018 Rams type of game, or 2018 Dallas? Only time will tell.

What I saw was two touchdowns dropped by Ginn and Jared Cook. There's 14 points right there left on the field..both passes were down field. Plus I'm sure his thumb is probably still a little sore or hampered with that brace on it...

What I saw was two touchdowns dropped by Ginn and Jared Cook. There's 14 points right there left on the field..both passes were down field. Plus I'm sure his thumb is probably still a little sore or hampered with that brace on it...

I think the two have a good point. We don't have the long strike ball to rip the top off the defense with a streaking WR behind all the DBs. Brees is 40. Brady doesn't have that capability either and hasn't for at least 1 if not 2 years. But Bellicheck build a team to negate that as much as possible and they keep winning SBs

And what you said is that we could have had 2-3 long TDs. The ball may only go 30-35 yards in the air, but SP and Brees are geniuses. We just need Cook and Gin to catch the freakin ball.

But again, I just think this is a team of destiny. This is a magical season and no one can take away the fact that the Saints are the 1st to clinch their division with their HOF QB for 6-games. I don't think any other team could do what this Saints team has done this year and the best is yet to come.

I think some part of it is that this team knows this is probably its last chance with Brees for the Super Bowl. They're sort of sleepwalking through the regular season until the games mean more. They seem to be doing just enough to win because the regular season isnt as important as what's coming. The team had to turn up the intensity when Brees got injured, so everyone played their best with Teddy in the game because that's what was needed to stay afloat.

Can the team turn it on when needed? I'm not sure if it's possible to just flip a switch and become dominant again. The first glimpse will be next weekend against the 49ers for sure. Will it be a 2018 Rams type of game, or 2018 Dallas? Only time will tell.

Wow dude I love this theory

The Seahawks only made it a 6 point game when the clock struck zero, so I don't put it on the same level as the ATL game, when ATL actually had the ball with the time needed to tie the game with 2 pt conversion.

and as a side note, how does Florio list the Seahawks as one of the teams they should have stepped on their throat? "6 points, it shouldn't have been that close" How many teams can go in to that stadium and roll over them big? And that was Bridgewaters first start in a game that mattered in years. I count that as an incredible victory no matter how you can get it.

Florio, “Something seems off with the Saints, they just aren’t blowing teams out like they have in the past.”

Me, “Hyper-Observate officiating of the Saints for any and all infractions. Especially during the Pathers and Failcons games. It’s like running underwater, with that kind of resistance you just aren’t as fast as you were in the past.”

Last edited:
I’m going to continue to post the same thing whenever people start to mention how the saints look when they WIN games.

We are 10-2. Who cares how it happened.

We get a bye week and win 3 games in the playoffs, we are champs. Do you think history gives a shiz if we won the bowl by 1 pt or 30 pts? The answer is no.

I’m going to continue to post the same thing whenever people start to mention how the saints look when they WIN games.

We are 10-2. Who cares how it happened.

We get a bye week and win 3 games in the playoffs, we are champs. Do you think history gives a shiz if we won the bowl by 1 pt or 30 pts? The answer is no.

Well, we are talking about how they looked in order to discuss if they will be able to win those 3 games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom