Mike Florio and Chris Simms - keep Drew Brees or move on to Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

LaDainian Tomlinson threw 7 touchdowns in 13 career passes. If the Chargers had just given him 40 pass attempts per game, they'd have scored 147 points per game and won at least ten Super Bowls. Can't believe they didn't do that.

Brain genius Spylake strikes again.

Does your resentment for Taysom stem from the fact that he absolutely spanked Texas when he was at BYU?

Seriously, I'm curious. Lately you just seem extra critical of Taysom and anyone who supports the idea of him potentially being the Saints QB1.

Does your resentment for Taysom stem from the fact that he absolutely spanked Texas when he was at BYU?

Seriously, I'm curious. Lately you just seem extra critical of Taysom and anyone who supports the idea of him potentially being the Saints QB1.

I don't harbor any resentment towards Taysom. I love him as a player, as a Saint, and he seems like a pretty good guy to boot.

My issue is that I've seen more than enough of him to know that he's not an NFL QB. I hope he retires a Saint (and I'm fairly confident that he will). I also hope we're never in a situation so dire that Taysom Hill is our starting QB.

I have no problem admitting that I'm irritated with the ridiculous little wave of "Taysom is the future QB of our team" nonsense, especially when we have a very, very good NFL starter who went 5-0 for us this year. If you're ready to move on from Brees (which I'm not.. yet), fine. But let's do it with an actual QB and not a glorified Antwaan Randle-El.

When did you make that clear? Was it the part where you said "I accept the bet @Loose Cannon"?
It was the part where I said I accepted the bet on the condition that included the Saints matching any offer.

That made it clear that I was conditioning the bet on Hill be valuable enough to a team to offer him a substantial contract, with or without giving up a 1st round pick.

Then I realized that the Saints might offer him a substantial contract before free agency, so I wanted to make sure that was clarified as well.

If you don't want to bet against Hill being valuable enough to a team to get a substantial contract, that's cool.

I'm willing to bet you that Hill gets a $9M a year or more contract from someone and the loser leaves the board forever.

Take it or leave it.

So to recap

It was the part where I said I accepted the bet on the condition that included the Saints matching any offer.
^^ StudioSaint accepts bet

Then I realized that the Saints might offer him a substantial contract before free agency, so I wanted to make sure that was clarified as well.
^^ StudioSaint "realized" that he might have made a bad bet (oops), then wants to back out of it and change the terms after having already accepted.

I hope you act with more integrity in your personal life than you have here.

You can’t watch Taysom and not wonder what he has to offer at QB full time. Especially looking at how the Ravens dominated all year with a similar skill set

I hope you act with more integrity in your personal life than you have here.
You either don't understand what I've explained or you are intentionally misrepresenting what I've explained.

From the beginning I was thinking that Hill is valuable enough that someone is going to offer him a substantial contract to lock him up long term in free agency. Then I realized I overlooked that he might be valuable enough to the Saints that they lock him up before free agency. I never had an "oops I made a bad bet" moment.

If I had that "oops" moment, then I would have jumped on the out you offered that the Saints signing him before free agency would be a push. If I was looking for an out, that would have let me off the hook if the Saints signed him for less than $9M before free agency.

I don't accept that push, because I'm confident that Hill is valued enough by teams that he will get a $9M or more contract from someone. What you are trying to paint as me trying to "back out of a bet" is me actually going all in on my original belief.

The only question that remains to be answered is do you want to bet against Hill getting a $9M or more contract from a team this off season?

Last edited:
On the money about Brees. I don’t know if Taysom Hill is the answer, but if we keep Brees then the results that we’ve gotten the last two seasons is what to expect. The only way we win another SB with Brees is to have a defense that’s considered the best in the league ala the 2015 Broncos with Manning.
Jesus Christ you people have lost y'all's minds.

So a QB that just completed back to back seasons of 115+ QB rating (first QB ever to do that) is suddenly the 7 TD, 19 Intereption pathetic mess that was Peyton Manning in 2015?

Really consider what you sound like.

I'm literally quoting your words
You selectively quoted some of my words in a way that lost the full context of all of my words.

You still haven't answered whether or not you want to bet against Hill getting a $9M or more contract from a team this off season.

You selectively quoted some of my words in a way that lost the full context of all of my words.

You still haven't answered whether or not you want to bet against Hill getting a $9M or more contract from a team this off season.

I'd like you to be a man and honor the bet that you already accepted.

I know you won't. But a person of integrity would.

...honor the bet that you already accepted.
The original bet you proposed is based on the assumption that Hill enters free agency under the 1st round tender offer.

So if you agree that the bet is a push if Hill doesn't enter free agency under the 1st round tender offer, then I'll make the following bet with you.

If a team doesn't offer Hill a contract that pays him an average of $9M a year or more (including everything except in game performance incentives), then I'll leave the board forever.

If a team does make him that offer, then you leave the board forever.

I think it's a bad bet to assume that Hill gets to free agency with the 1st round tender. I think it's a good bet that someone will make a $9M or more offer if he does, which is where this all started.

My issue is that I've seen more than enough of him to know that he's not an NFL QB. I hope he retires a Saint (and I'm fairly confident that he will). I also hope we're never in a situation so dire that Taysom Hill is our starting QB.

It's funny how many people say they have seen enough of him to know that he is not an NFL QB but Sean Payton and Drew Brees, probably good judges of QB talent, say the opposite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom