Mike Florio and Chris Simms - keep Drew Brees or move on to Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

They spoke of getting a late first round for TH so there is that , i doubt you get a first

Only way Brees doesn’t return is if he prices himself out of our market

I don’t see the Saints not retire here other than the factor above nor would I want them to

question is can TH play 2 Qib and play the same role or maybe stop playing special teams and just play offense

if not we need to sign 3 qbs

On the money about Brees. I don’t know if Taysom Hill is the answer, but if we keep Brees then the results that we’ve gotten the last two seasons is what to expect. The only way we win another SB with Brees is to have a defense that’s considered the best in the league ala the 2015 Broncos with Manning.

Here’s a thought, bump Taysom up to #2 qb, draft Jalen Hurts To play Taysom’s joker role, profit.
I don’t think Jalen can take on what TH brought to the table. Jalen is a great athlete but not anywhere near what Taysom is. Possibly that guy from Kentucky but even then, can he play STs where he is running down a PR or can he get his hands in the dirt and block a punt? I say keep Taysom at all cost. He’s a darn unicorn ?

I found it interesting that they said it was MT who ran the wrong route. Some on here said it was Ted Ginn?

Get veteran QB as backup. Start Drew, use Taysom like they use him now, only more at QB to expedite his development as a passer. Give him full drives in games, those that O might be struggling and in games that Saints are comfortably ahead. Need Drew in game when comebacks are needed. Vet backup is only there to share duties if injuries occurs to either Drew or Taysom.
The question is would Drew be OK with that scenario.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom