Mike Florio and Peter King, regarding the Competition Committee and Roger Goodell. This is fun (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
<iframe src="//vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/JQ7DydGFiXVD" width="624" height="351" allow="autoplay" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Talking about the disappearing act that is Roger Goodell, and how long he is going to stay at Commissioner. This is fun!!!

Regardless of what has happened before today, what will the Commissioner do between now and the conclusion of the annual meetings? Frankly, he should do something; if he doesn’t and if the NFL has another controversy like this, the Commissioner could end up being the person hauled into Congress to answer many pointed questions about the league’s officiating deficiencies in an age of expanding legalized gambling.

I'd love to see his arse hauled in front of Congress to answer for this.

<iframe src="//vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/JQ7DydGFiXVD" width="624" height="351" allow="autoplay" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Talking about the disappearing act that is Roger Goodell, and how long he is going to stay at Commissioner. This is fun!!!

I'm a bit confused on why you'd need 16-17 sky judges to make that idea work.

They have a replay system now. Someone in the booth decides something should be reviewed (or NYC does??), and the Ref on the field makes the decision.

Why can't the head of officiating, or whoever is working the booth just alert the field to review a blatant error?

All they had to do was give the head of officiating the authority to make the occasional phone call to fix something bad.

PK is still a piece of work...Goodell must have cut him out of inside info or something, they definately had a spat of some kind.

I get all the hate for Goodell but I think alot of folks miss the point that he is really just an extension of the most powerful, influential owners...whoever replaces him will be just as bad or even worse unless they change the labor agreement.

The owners have way too much power. Tags was the last decent commissioner who acted in many ways independently of the owners....

Ever since I have watched major sports, commissioners have always been respected and generally loved by their respective sports’ fan bases.

The fact that Goodell is so universally disliked is astounding.

They have a replay system now. Someone in the booth decides something should be reviewed (or NYC does??), and the Ref on the field makes the decision.

Why can't the head of officiating, or whoever is working the booth just alert the field to review a blatant error?

All they had to do was give the head of officiating the authority to make the occasional phone call to fix something bad.

Mike Peria agrees with you.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/nfl-sky-judge-referee-problem-super-bowl.html

Not a replay official, an eighth official, part of the crew, travels with the crew … and give him the ability to be on site in an enclosed booth with a technician, to look at the play on television in real time and correct obvious mistakes that are big plays and involve player safety and pass interference, and be able to correct some of this stuff. … He’s able to, in 15 seconds time, correct a mistake. I think that’s what needs to be done, quite frankly, to win back the confidence to a degree. It’ll look a little strange, but it won’t happen more than probably two or three times a game. It’s kind of a fail-safe to me.

Ever since I have watched major sports, commissioners have always been respected and generally loved by their respective sports’ fan bases.

Right, because of the current, moronic, labor agreement the NFL commissioner has unprecedented power and as a result he is a true reflection of the most powerful NFL owners....

I've been saying this since the no-call. They already have the replay official somewhere. Expand his duties problem solved. Or conspiracy theory here if they do that can they get away with so blatantly fixing games.

Because the same head of officiating we'd be counting on to tell the field ref that he missed a blatant and intentional penalty would be the same head of officiating that told the field ref not to throw the flag in the first place.

I don't know about that. Fans always saw Stern as a mini dictator of sorts and had general hate of Bud Selig. I know I couldn't stand them.

Sidebar... Who the hell is the current MLB commissioner?

I don't know about that. Fans always saw Stern as a mini dictator of sorts and had general hate of Bud Selig. I know I couldn't stand them.

Agreed, what Stern did to the MN. Timberwolves was far worse that what Goodell did to the Saints after bounty gate. He punished
MN. for what every big market team in the league was doing at the time. Stern did not save the NBA. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird
did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/26/...berwolves-pay-dearly-for-secret-contract.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom