Article Mike Florio Stirring the Pot (1 Viewer)

I don’t know if they can sign any contracts till the new season starts. I mean it’s over for us, but it’s not officially over. Someone fact check me.

One thing is certain, Payton is clearly trying to increase Hill's perceived value. The rest can be debated, but there is no doubt Payton wants everyone in the league to believe Hill is a Franchise QB. How much is truth and how much is trade baiting... that's the real question.
No idea what is the truth about this whole situation, but your comment reminds of something Rick Pitino once said. He was once asked about what the biggest difference was between coaching basketball in college and coaching in the NBA. His response was something along the lines of, “if you want to get rid of a player in college, you either bench him or cut him. In the NBA, you increase his playing time and talk him up in the media for 2 weeks, and then trade him.”

So why isnt Sean talking up Teddy? Because he doesn't get anything if/when Teddy leaves. Why hasn't Teddy signed another contract? Makes you think Drew for sure is coming back. Makes no sense for Sean to fo all in on a qb who has thrown a handful of passes in the last couple of years. I can see a scenario where Coach Pete is right and Sean is trying to get a first for Taysom to package to try to get Burrow. Should he do it is another question.

Well free agency hasn't started so nothing can actually be done in terms of tagging and signing players. Teams can contact CFL free agents starting Jan 31, and sign CFL players as soon as Feb 1st. However for NFL free agents, teams cannot start tagging players until Feb 25th. However on March 18th, Free Agency will open and the signing mayhem will begin.

As for why Payton has been silent on Bridgewater, my gut says Bridgewater is who they want to keep, and that Payton wants to put a first or second round tender on Hill and get a draft pick.

WHOA!!! I've never heard this view before. Crazy insightful

Let me play out a possible outcome of your point. So he drives Hill's value up to get a 1st. Then we have 2 1sts. We also have a 26 year QB who went 5-0 and had not played a meaningful game in 3-years. Payton could be up to a couple of interesting things here. Combine this year's 2 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st and 3rd along with Kamara and get Burrow. Or he could be loading up with picks to go with Teddy while Taysom develops or not. Basically a competition between Teddy and Taysom while loading up with draft ammo to let go or trade some of our young stars that we are going to lose anyway for cap reasons.

I have no idea, but what you are saying is very interesting
Do you not have your own thread?

Brees is coming back. I’m 99.9% sure of it... However, should Tom Brady suddenly decide to retire before next season, then I think the odds Brees walks away escalate exponentially. Brees is ultra-competitive, and he realizes that he will always be considered “less than” the likes of Brady, Manning, and even Rodgers (by some)... Brees wants those records, and he doesn’t want to see a broke down Tom Brady steal them on his way out.
Yes yes and yes. I don’t think the competitor in DB will allow a broken down Brady limp over his records. Your description of Brady and I totally agree with io

If the reported 2021 plan is true, Taysom Hill would be old for a first-time starting QB at 31. Then again, he is a Latter Day Saint.

You know good and well that Drew's kids want him to continue playing. He doesn't have the off shore type of gig to where he's away from his family 75% of the time. I say he retires after this season, that's just my gut feeling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom