Mike Glennon (1 Viewer)

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
What do y'all think about bringing in F.A. QB Mike Glennon?
I know coach really likes him.
I know Brees still has a couple of years left in him,
Would it be feesible to say we could groom Glennon for a couple of years until he can take over?
Do y'all think the price would be too high for essentially a back up right now?

Glennon High lights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSn2IuxuJ8

He still has 1 year left on his rookie deal right? I guess maybe wait to see if he hits free agency. He'd be a great pickup in my opinion, but I wouldn't make a trade with a divisional rival to get him. They'd more than likely want too much compensation.

He's going to get paid a lot of money by someone who needs a starting QB now....I saw the 13mil number thrown around twitter. Our money needs to be spent on defense and offensive line.

He still has 1 year left on his rookie deal right? I guess maybe wait to see if he hits free agency. He'd be a great pickup in my opinion, but I wouldn't make a trade with a divisional rival to get him. They'd more than likely want too much compensation.

He's a UFA.

Oh really? I was looking, is it just 1st round picks that are on 4 year deals with a 5th year option?

That's correct. Glennon was on a 4 year deal. No 5th year option outside of the 1st round.

Watched him in person vs us and was very impressed.

I was shocked when TB went with Winston as 1st pick, as I thought they had their QB in Glennon.

Not surprisingly, the Bucs still suck even with JW. Nothing's changed.

I would love Glennon to groom for us as the next QB.

I watched him play at NC State and, to be honest, I was shocked he got drafted. I've never been impressed by him. But, who knows? I could be wrong.

Ahhh, Mike Glennon. From that rich lineage of back up QBs that people convinced themselves were "full of potential". Matt Cassel, Ryan Mallett, Matt Flynn and now Jimmy Garoppalo call you brother.

Ahhh, Mike Glennon. From that rich lineage of back up QBs that people convinced themselves were "full of potential". Matt Cassel, Ryan Mallett, Matt Flynn and now Jimmy Garoppalo call you brother.

He was actually quite efficient the times he started under Schiano. His numbers weren't huge, but the Bucs had no offense, Schiano, and he still had a good TD to INT ratio.

He made good decisions, didn't make many mistakes, and has conducted himself under all the turmoil with class.

I think he can be very good under the right system.

What do y'all think about bringing in F.A. QB Mike Glennon?
I know coach really likes him.
I know Brees still has a couple of years left in him,
Would it be feesible to say we could groom Glennon for a couple of years until he can take over?
Do y'all think the price would be too high for essentially a back up right now?

Glennon High lights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSn2IuxuJ8

I am not enamored with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom