Mike Greenberg's Best Player in the NFL. Guess who. (1 Viewer)

I remember watching a spot on the NFL Network (...when I still valued the league) where Coach Mariucci was interviewing up and coming College Wide Receivers right before the draft. Of the six or seven WRs in attendance Coach M singled out Mike Thomas because of his tweeter handle #CantGuardMike and made some comment about the arrogance of the handle. Thomas responded with a "Yes, Sir"

I didn't know who the kid was but, immediately, had the thought, "Wow, a simple & solid answer to the Coach. I like this guy."

Fast forward, I love the guy. And it is a fact, you can't guard Mike.

His career catch rate of 78.3% is not only historic but mind blowing. Only other player in history that ended their career as a WR with an over 70% catch rate, Wes Welker. And he barely made it. The great receivers are almost all between 63 and 66 %.

Last edited:
Opposing team head coach asking about Michael Thomas: "What's his power level on the scouter?"
Their defensive coordinator: "It's over 9000!"

This amazes me. Just last year - and probably at the start of this season - if you asked who the best player on the Saints Team was, it would have been hands-down Drew Brees. Now, the quick response is always CGM!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom