Mike Mayock NFL Draft Live Conference Call on NOW. (with download link) (1 Viewer)

I'll post the same question to yourself mate.

Did your evaluation of Moore nosedive after the combine or did you always see him as not worthy of a first round grade never mind top as he was once considered by some?

Glad you asked this. No, I did not change my opinion of him after the combine. I did not like Moore before the combine and posted on here in early January when we first turned our attention to the off-season and draft saying I did not like him. I have never been a fan of his.

Even Mayock said on Path to the Draft that Moore was a 2nd rounder. Confusing as to why he would even mention him at 15. I think our pick comes down to Jones at OLB or Vaccaro at S.

Hmm, I do think Vaccaro will get a lot of consideration at our pick. But a week ago, Mayock mentioned the Saints taking either Austin or Patterson if all of the top defenders are gone. To me, he was setting that scenario up today though he did not say it explicitly. He said it will be interesting to see what the Saints do if Jones and Moore are there and admitted they have chinks in the armor. My thinking is that if that scenario presents itself on draft day, and everyone is trying to figure out what the Saints will do, Mayock will look smart to everyone at home if he says, "I am going to go out on a limb and say Cordarrelle Patterson" only for the Saints to take him.

But right now, I am thinking Austin, Patterson, or Vaccaro will be a Saint assuming someone like Mingo or Richardson does not fall.

I don't recall ever knowing Moore's combine or pro day results, so my opinion has never reflected those numbers. While I am sure I am probably not good enough at talent evaluation to make this statement. I will say this anyway. I don't think I would take Moore in the seventh round. Flame away, but I don't think you should draft a player that you aren't sure can play at the next level and from what I've seen of his game film, I'm not sure he would ever be more than a roster spot holder.

To me, he appears indecisive, lacking instincts and slow to react. Some plays he looks like his feet are anchored to the ground. Yes, if he has a relatively clean route to the quarterback or ball carrier, he can close at times and finish the play. I just can't see him getting that many free shots against NFL-quality blockers. Watch the game film against Northwestern. His tackles are mostly made downfield and after the ball carrier has been engaged or slowed by another player. I think he's going to be a nonfactor in the NFL.

Hmm, I do think Vaccaro will get a lot of consideration at our pick. But a week ago, Mayock mentioned the Saints taking either Austin or Patterson if all of the top defenders are gone. To me, he was setting that scenario up today though he did not say it explicitly. He said it will be interesting to see what the Saints do if Jones and Moore are there and admitted they have chinks in the armor. My thinking is that if that scenario presents itself on draft day, and everyone is trying to figure out what the Saints will do, Mayock will look smart to everyone at home if he says, "I am going to go out on a limb and say Cordarrelle Patterson" only for the Saints to take him.

But right now, I am thinking Austin, Patterson, or Vaccaro will be a Saint assuming someone like Mingo or Richardson does not fall.

You could well be right, though I think Austin will be gone by the time the #15 pick comes around. But if he is there, I believe Loomis' phone will be ringing off the hook with offers to move into that slot.

I'd drive my car into a lake if we picked Moore at pick #15, seriously. This guy is a second rounder, at best.

He doesn't fit a 3-4 and should be a DE in a 4-3. Problem is, he's too small for that. I don't like the player at all.

I've been looking@ Moore and I've come away more impressed than i thought id be. However, i wouldn't take him@ 15. He'd be better value later.

I looked@ 1 of his 2011 games and he looks better as a stand-up rusher believe it or not. He has closing burst and he is explosive in space. HEs an effort player and his motor always runs hot...thus the high tackle count.

The thing is hes only 20 years old....so its not surprising me that he didn't blow up the combine/pro day. He still has to learn how to be a pro.

For comparisons sake Chandler Jones ran a 4.89 i think. Some sights have him in the 4.7 range but ive seen a few that had him in the 4.8.

Moore had a simlar 3cone, better broad jump, and a better vertical.
Jones had a better bench press with 22...4 more than Moore if You look@ his proday.

Now whats mind boggling is Jones got called surprisingly athletic...while Moore is said to be not so athletic.

He could use more moves but i wouldn't be too upset with moore if we trade back.

I've been looking@ Moore and I've come away more impressed than i thought id be. However, i wouldn't take him@ 15. He'd be better value later.

I looked@ 1 of his 2011 games and he looks better as a stand-up rusher believe it or not. He has closing burst and he is explosive in space. HEs an effort player and his motor always runs hot...thus the high tackle count.

The thing is hes only 20 years old....so its not surprising me that he didn't blow up the combine/pro day. He still has to learn how to be a pro.

For comparisons sake Chandler Jones ran a 4.89 i think. Some sights have him in the 4.7 range but ive seen a few that had him in the 4.8.

Moore had a simlar 3cone, better broad jump, and a better vertical.
Jones had a better bench press with 22...4 more than Moore if You look@ his proday.

Now whats mind boggling is Jones got called surprisingly athletic...while Moore is said to be not so athletic.

He could use more moves but i wouldn't be too upset with moore if we trade back.
Sorry, but the only time Moore should be standing up is on his way to the huddle.

In all seriousness, I'd maybe stand him up to set the edge in the run game, but not to rush the passer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom