Mike Mayock NFL Draft Live Conference Call on NOW. (with download link) (1 Viewer)

Awesome man if someone can post the audio later. Cant get to it from work.

Crazy how Mayock's popularity has grown.

Sheldon Mickels: Saints don't have ammunition to go up, is there a linebacker of tackle to go at 15 for the saints?

Mayock, pass rushers at 15 will be Jarvis Jones who has production and DaMontre Moore of A&M. He is longer, looks the part but there are off the field issues that scare teams.

On tackle, you have to decide what do you feel of Strief and Brown, but the problem is that 4 tackles will be gone (Flucker is a right tackle only).

It is going to be intriguing if Moore and Jones are available when the saints pick.

I'd drive my car into a lake if we picked Moore at pick #15, seriously. This guy is a second rounder, at best.

He doesn't fit a 3-4 and should be a DE in a 4-3. Problem is, he's too small for that. I don't like the player at all.

I'd drive my car into a lake if we picked Moore at pick #15, seriously. This guy is a second rounder, at best.

He doesn't fit a 3-4 and should be a DE in a 4-3. Problem is, he's too small for that. I don't like the player at all.

Yeah, Moore is a confusing player.

Just writting what he said...

BTW, he said he has Mingo ranked #10, and he thinks he may go to the Jets at #9.

Just based on his poor combine showing?

Or did you feel this way about him before?

I used to think Moore was overrated but it seems like he's gotten to the point of being undervalued. I still think he will be a good player, it just depends how he is used.

Sheldon Mickels: Saints don't have ammunition to go up, is there a linebacker of tackle to go at 15 for the saints?

Mayock, pass rushers at 15 will be Jarvis Jones who has production and DaMontre Moore of A&M. He is longer, looks the part but there are off the field issues that scare teams.

On tackle, you have to decide what do you feel of Strief and Brown, but the problem is that 4 tackles will be gone (Flucker is a right tackle only).

It is going to be intriguing if Moore and Jones are available when the saints pick.

I heard these remarks, and could only beat the drum louder for Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson if they are there. I also like Kenny Vaccaro and Sheldon Richardson if they are there. If we take either of the two linebackers, I would feel most comfortable with Jones. More would be a serious mistake in my opinion.

I used to think Moore was overrated but it seems like he's gotten to the point of being undervalued. I still think he will be a good player, it just depends how he is used.

I disagree. Strongly. He's still overrated. He was overrated so much that he has had to come back down to reality, which I think some people read as now being undervalued just based on early prognostications of where he would go in the draft. The guy is a second to third round talent, at best. I look at the sack numbers and I think it is easy to treat his stats as the beginning and ending of the story. But when you watch him, there are some things that are very troubling to me. He's stiff, does not have the fluidity or quick twitch you like to see in an edge rusher. And then there are all the concerns about his work ethic, which should give everyone some pause. I will say that I agree with you in that his production will be based on how he is used, and I honestly think that can be true of any player. The "right system" can make any player efficient, if not effective. But I do not think he's a difference maker. I just don't and will be more than ready to eat crow if he proves me (and I guess others) wrong.

I disagree. Strongly. He's still overrated. He was overrated so much that he has had to come back down to reality, which I think some people read as now being undervalued just based on early prognostications of where he would go in the draft. The guy is a second to third round talent, at best. I look at the sack numbers and I think it is easy to treat his stats as the beginning and ending of the story. But when you watch him, there are some things that are very troubling to me. He's stiff, does not have the fluidity or quick twitch you like to see in an edge rusher. And then there are all the concerns about his work ethic, which should give everyone some pause. I will say that I agree with you in that his production will be based on how he is used, and I honestly think that can be true of any player. The "right system" can make any player efficient, if not effective. But I do not think he's a difference maker. I just don't and will be more than ready to eat crow if he proves me (and I guess others) wrong.

I'll post the same question to yourself mate.

Did your evaluation of Moore nosedive after the combine or did you always see him as not worthy of a first round grade never mind top as he was once considered by some?

Yeah, Moore is a confusing player.
Not sure I would call him confusing, I just think he plays bigger than what he is (and not in a good way).

Just based on his poor combine showing?

Or did you feel this way about him before?
Never liked him for us. Used to think he could be a OLB and I think I mocked him to the Steelers but after I finished my evaluation of I concluded that I don't think he's as good a player as everyone thinks he is - and this was before the combine.

Watch him, he looks like a 5-tech in the body of an OLB. His play style doesn't match is body type. I'd ask him to put on weight and play him as a strongside DE in a 4-3 and move him inside on passing downs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom