Mike Mayock's rankings (1 Viewer)

Ellis and dorsey are even imo what does one do that the other cant?

I mean Cutler is okay but far from being Brett Favre. Mayock was way over the top about Cutler.

Well, sure, if you're comparing the second year Cutler to the now first ballot Hall-of-Famer, Brett Favre. Statistically, they compare very favorably at similar points in their careers. Cutler may never be as accomplished as Favre (or maybe he'll be better?), but he has most of his career in front of him and so far, if he continues to improve, he looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Jay Culter; he did okay with that one.

His rankings will change after the Senior Bowl and Combine. I get the feeling that he doesn't follow college football that closely and does all of his film study after the season is over.

Not really. Cutler has been up and down. I agree with Saintsfan about Mayock although I think he is right about Dorsey/Ellis being very close if not even. Of course, I do not believe that Mayock's thoughts alone as others share the same sentiment.

I agree Chris. And as you mentioned in another thread, come draft day it wouldn't suprise me if Ellis goes higher and Dorsey slides just a bit. If a few teams start looking at Dorsey and questioning the knee or back problems he had late this year, maybe he falls just a little bit. And I hope and pray that somehow he falls within range for us to NAB him.
I'd also be very happy with Ellis making it to the Saints as well. Either guy would do wonders for our interior D.
I'll also stick Rivers in the group of guys I'd love for us to get.

Ideally, this is what I hope for.

1st round) Dorsey/Ellis
2nd round) Jerod Mayo (who I think is going to be a good one)
3rd round) Chevis Jackson or Matt Forte

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom