Mike Mayock's Top Five (at each position) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
To be taken with the usual grain of salt, however some of the names mentioned (as well as some of the names not mention ed) were somewhat surprising. This should give folks a good starting point to start looking into player backgrounds and such.

Mike Mayock's draft prospect rankings (updated Jan 19th)

<table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Doesn't even have Cromartie in the top 5 cb's? Also, he had been saying for the last 2 weeks that Ellis was better than Dorsey, now he's changed that?

I thought Conner played MLB at PSU? Is Mayock just projecting him as an OLB?

To DR, this was put out on Jan 19th. Before the senior bowl. MLU is just saying this a good place to gather some names to study.

Yeah. Since he dated it, I am assuming that he's going to keep updating the page. I plan to bookmark it for later...

Maybe I'll post it as well so we can reference how he changes the player's standing inhis eyes?

DeCoud at Auburn? I really wish we had him at certain times last year.

He has some other guy ranked ahead of K. Phillips as well. Has Connor ranked ahead of Rivers.

IIRC, Connor was a MLB, but with Pozluszney there, they moved him to OLB. I may have the story backwards or something, but I think that's how it went.

I am surprised to NOT see:

Matt Baker OT

Tamme TE

DeSean Jackson WR

Hardy WR

Man I cant wait till the draft, as much as I love draft talk, I get so tired of all these mock drafts and analyst who say its going to be go a certain way.....and it never does.....yet they still have jobs and....credibility?

Suprises, for me at least: Henne so high, Calais so low, his WR rankings, Geno Hayes, Aquib Talib so low, Jack Ikegwuono being enrolled at South Florida and still in his top 5 after tearing an ACL, Kenny Phillips at 2, no Martin Rucker in TE, and Thomas Decoud being enrolled at Auburn.

Man I cant wait till the draft, as much as I love draft talk, I get so tired of all these mock drafts and analyst who say its going to be go a certain way.....and it never does.....yet they still have jobs and....credibility?

It's because they each put out about 50 mocks prior to the draft....so that when the draft happens, they can always say "I picked this guy there"...even though it was 20 mocks ago......

It's because they each put out about 50 mocks prior to the draft....so that when the draft happens, they can always say "I picked this guy there"...even though it was 20 mocks ago......

sounds like some on this here board :)

That doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. The draft analysts have no way of knowing how many teams will pick based on BPA as opposed to need. Most peoples' mock drafts are based on need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom