Mike McKenzie (1 Viewer)

christovas

Veteran
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this was covered before.

Where is this guy? I know he was released, but I thought he was one of the bright spots in our defense. I don't disagree with the decision, because of the injury bug, but no one picked him up?

Noone signed him. His injuries must of been worse then expected.

Very curious question indeed. I haven't even heard of teams calling him in on a workout just to see what he's got. Maybe it's just that nobody even knows he's not retired or something...

Very curious question indeed. I haven't even heard of teams calling him in on a workout just to see what he's got. Maybe it's just that nobody even knows he's not retired or something...

Seattle did during the offseason.

He also tried out with the Texans and got passed over. Unless someone like Buffalo has more injuries at corner soon, I'd pretty much say that, like Deuce it's retirement now.

Miami took a look at him as well.

At this point MM just seems like a good pickup for a team that's in a bind, not someone that would be your first or second option.

Miami took a look at him as well.

At this point MM just seems like a good pickup for a team that's in a bind, not someone that would be your first or second option.

If anyone is looking to FA for a starting corner, they're in bad shape at that position.

That said, I don't believe that MM is remotely 'done' and am also curious to know specifically why teams passed on him. Last time he played for us, he was still a strong, starting-caliber corner.

Perhaps MM wasn't willing to accept a backup role?

As much as fans second-guessed our releasing him and Deuce, the fact that they got so little attention and ultimately didn't make a team should tell us everything we need to know.

Always love the Predator . I'd love to have him in this Defense before he hurt his Knees.

He still lives here. I use to do work in his condo.
I know he is still here cause I still see his car on st. Peters

......though I know others don't agree, I'd like it if he were still here. Even if just to impart some of his knowledge to the younger corners....

Gotta say though, Greer was a HUGE pickup for us. Him and Porter have completely made me forget about the days of Freddie Thomas, or (gulp!) Jason David...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom