Mike McKenzie... (1 Viewer)

LubDemSaints

I Bleed Black and Gold
Reaction score
Riddle me this one...
If Mike Mckenzie is our best CB (in my opinon he is... which isn't saying much) why did we have ssssslllllloooooowwwww Freddy matched up on one of the best NFL receivers OCHO CINCO??? Every TD was against Fred Thomas. He is great in run support and I think it is time for him to make the switch to safety like a lot of other older, aging CB's have done. Big missed assignment by coaching staff in my opinion!!!

The two big TD plays Thomas was supposed to have deep safety help, that didnt happen. MM only plays one side of the field and he is having an outstanding year. However, since MM only plays on side of the field it allows opposing offenses to set up mismatches since they will always know where our corners will line up.

Champ Bailey does the same thing in Denver and has been outstanding doing this but look what happens to the other guy. Deltha O'Neal, Torri James and Kelly Herndon have all been cut for getting beat. All three guys are starters for other teams, 2 of which went to the Pro Bowl last year and 1 that has the longest interception return for a TD in the SB last year.

Think about it, if you were coming in to todays game and wanted to create a mismatch then were would you line up Chad Johnson? Thomas is a good #2 corner but he is not a #1 but he is basically playing the #1 spot because teams quit lining up their top WR over Mike McKenzie.

agreed...And good point BTW...
My question is why not switch sides as to which side their best wide out is on. I mean MM is having a great year but when you do not have a great #2 CB and Harper is out for year ( BTW watched all of Bama's games last year this guy is a BALLER my father in law went to BAMA!!!) you need to make adjustments. I realize this doesn't seem ideal but reducing the receiving yards from a great wide out greatly improves you chance of winning. Also it is not like I am talking about a new concept here. Teams used to do it a lot more than they have been doing it now. Since Tampa made famous there Cover 2 D (like that was new) Alot of teams try and mimic it but it is not always the best idea.

agreed...And good point BTW...
My question is why not switch sides as to which side their best wide out is on.

Cause CJ was hurt, so he was less of a threat than the rest of the Bengals WR crew. Johnson had a total of 6 catches.. unforutnately we all know what three of them were.. (105 yards on TD receptions), so he had three for 50 other than that... not exactly CJ-ish numbers

Donuts is awesome and should ALWAYS be locked up on the other team's best WR. If it means we get killed by a series of #2 wideouts, then so be it.

MM only plays one side of the field and he is having an outstanding year.

I don't know if the word I would use is outstanding. he is having a decent year, but outstanding? Champ Bailey is having a outstanding year.

I don't know if the word I would use is outstanding. he is having a decent year, but outstanding? Champ Bailey is having a outstanding year.

Champ is having a psycho unbelievable year. MM is having an oustanding year. Hes playing as well as any corner in the league except champ. And yes he is playing better then Baby Deon (d. hall who is argueably the 2nd best corner in the league).

QBs hardly ever throw the ball to Mike's side of the field. Its the other side that's giving us problems. We would be stupid to let him go in the off season. Just like the Sammy Knight incident.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom