Article Mike Tanier ranks pro football fan bases. Apparently he has a personal problem with Saints fans on the internet and scores us a negative 3 (1 Viewer)

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2843690-mike-tanier-fixes-the-nfl-fanbase-rankings?

11. New Orleans Saints

Engagement:

Cuisine: 11

Savvy: 6.25

Internet Personality: -3

FAN SCORE: 23.25

With their perseverance in the face of Hurricane Katrina and the permanent Mardi Gras atmosphere around the Superdome, the Saints could have been contenders for the NFL's best fanbase if not for the incessant whining after New Orleans lost the NFC Championship Game because it blew a lead in the final minutes and turned the ball over in overtime. Yes, one of the worst blown calls in NFL history was also involved, but six months of Saints-fan lawsuits, boycotts and Super Bowl pity parties cost them a top-10 spot in these rankings.

What frosts my butt about that storyline adopted by a lot of the media is they KNOW there’s not a fan base in the world who wouldn’t have reacted the same way if not worse.
St Louis baseball fans are just about universally acknowledged as the best fans in baseball and they are still griping about the 1985 WS call by Don Denkinger. I know because I’m one of them. Also the whole country is still holding a grudge about the 1972 Olympic basketball fiasco.
To hold that kind of crap against a fan base is just asinine. A lesser reaction would indicate a bad fan base. The writer is an idiot.

giphy.gif

What frosts my butt about that storyline adopted by a lot of the media is they KNOW there’s not a fan base in the world who wouldn’t have reacted the same way if not worse .....
To hold that kind of crap against a fan base is just asinine. A lesser reaction would indicate a bad fan base. The writer is an idiot.
Exactly. And it left a bad taste in many other football fans' mouths, too, so it's not just limited to one fan base. It's sour grapes.

I’m taking a little different look at his rankings.
Let’s see, there are 2 southern teams in the top half (NO 11, Cryolina 16) and 7 in the bottom half. Hmm, gonna go out on a limb and guess this individual is not from the south.
Could care less what he thinks.
He talks about blaming the analytics if you don’t like the rankings, but doesn’t tell you who determines the category rankings. Based on his commentary I’d say he does.
Just my nasty internet opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom