Mike Thomas Approves of Carr (1 Viewer)

I hope CGM is healthy and we work it out with him. Add to that we have Olave and Rasheed. I think that is a pretty potent trio. I still think we need to add another veteran WR at say the league minimum.

He hasn't hardly played in 3 years...

His FA deal will not be what you think...
Ding ding ding. Thomas isn't an idiot. He knows his best chance to rehab his value is with Carr and the Saints.

After reading more about it, it appears we can adjust a player’s contract within 12 months of a renegotiation, but that second renegotiation can’t increase a players earnings. With Thomas due $55m over the next two years, I seriously doubt an overall increase is in order while a 2023 increase/2024 decrease might be. Since he has played so sparingly, we could add some easy-to-achieve incentives to his deal that wouldn’t hit the cap until 2024 if earned. From Over the Cap:

One final thought is that the signing of Carr could open the door to retain WR Michael Thomas. His current contract will be terminated the first day of the league year if it remains in it’s current state, but the two sides could come to an agreement on a restructured contract. Given the injury history I am not sure that this would be a good move for the Saints but if the money figures are low enough I could see them doing a deal with him. It would be easy to have minimal cap charges by heavily incentivizing the contract. Anything with a trigger of more than 3 games, 16 receptions, or 171 receiving yards would not count on the cap in 2023 even if earned.

Ok....I saidy my 2 cents. They signed him so I'm on board. Stay healthy MT and embarrass some corners

I will purchase his jersey if he returns just to upset some Saints “fans.”

I'm down with this. I will purchase one as well.

ACE9860D-2114-4AD0-AE2F-24FF88DB0172.jpeg

I’m a man of my word 🫡 🔥

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom