Mike Thomas Approves of Carr (1 Viewer)

Man, i always wonder what a player like Dalton feels in these situations. Players so publicly excited for the signing lol. Dalton did his best and seemed like a good teammate. Can't feel good
I think Dalton understands he's a backup QB and a mentor at this stage in his career. He had a decent run as a starter but was never really great. While I do understand these guys love the game and want to play, sitting around still getting paid a lot of money can't be that bad of a gig.

I think Dalton understands he's a backup QB and a mentor at this stage in his career. He had a decent run as a starter but was never really great. While I do understand these guys love the game and want to play, sitting around still getting paid a lot of money can't be that bad of a gig.

Dalton is looking at some other places right now as well. San Fransisco has shown some interest, and another team as well(forgot which team). They really like it here, but if SF offers $7-10M and Saints $3-4, he is gone. They should know very soon.

I hope we can keep him as our back up. His style of play is pretty similar to Carr!

Man, i always wonder what a player like Dalton feels in these situations. Players so publicly excited for the signing lol. Dalton did his best and seemed like a good teammate. Can't feel good
NFL is a Business...Dalton will accept his role, as back up to Carr, Jameis looking for a new home, now that he is healed, it should be pretty easy.

No one believed MT13 was coming back with AD or JW at QB... Once Carr was signed, and MT13 hit us with a "Jesus take the wheel" comment on twitter... That door on Airline has become at least half-way open at this point for him to return...

With this signing... The FO not only upgraded the QB position by a large margin... but they may have just convinced their best WR not to leave. That's pretty big.
The positive to this deal for me. The only one.

If MT can get healthy I believe he can still be a game breaker, his game was never predicated on speed or the deep ball…so I’m less worried about his age and subsequent loss of speed.

I have had some negative diva types of comments about him but I am willing to forgive and forget if he is willing to play ball and be his old unstoppable safe.

My thoughts exactly. Even if they re-sign him does anyone actually think he plays more than 6 games? History says otherwise. Also, this adds credence to the idea that Mike could've came back but didn't like the situation he was coming back to......

The positive to this deal for me. The only one.

If MT can get healthy I believe he can still be a game breaker, his game was never predicated on speed or the deep ball…so I’m less worried about his age and subsequent loss of speed.
even one one leg he still has the best hands in the league

I knew MT wasn’t done here

Now if we can get Fournette here … we’re starting to cook with oil !

That would bolster this offense without spending picks 29 and 40 !

Imagine drafting that Georgia TE or John Mayer or whatever on top of this !!!

We could easily jump the eagles for the best team in the NFC

And with no Aaron Rodgers , we might go frolicking into the Super Bowl for a few years and come away with some hardware.

The talk is that we cut him due to his salary cap number & then we bring him back on an incentive laden deal...

The talk is that we cut him due to his salary cap number & then we bring him back on an incentive laden deal...
Pretty sure unless those incentives are a breeze to achieve. I just don't see how as FA that he won't find a better deal. Best move is just extend him and rework his money.

He is due a $30 million roster bonus at the start of the new league year.
Yeah, as soon as Carr agreed to come here I have to imagine Loomis got on the horn with Thomas to see how much they were willing to work with the numbers.

If Thomas isn’t willing to restructure - he’s getting cut outright before that $30 million comes due.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom