Mike Thomas Approves of Carr (1 Viewer)

Remove Landry, add Rashid Shaheed, at least for the graphic. Would not mind Landry back here on the cheap though.
I’ll take Marvin Jones over Landry if he’s available at his Spotrac price point of $3m/yr. Has lined up wide his whole career, and only needs to make a few contested chain moving catches while Olave, Shaheed, and Johnson handle the volume. Not a dream X, but an affordable one that can be called on to make big catches.

I think JW might take a pay cut and stay. Dalton should be on I55 heading north.

Anything is possible but Winston could have a chance to get playing time elsewhere if he's willing to sign on a team friendly deal and compete to be the bridge QB while a young guy develops. If he plays well enough, he could parlay that into a more serious look next season. I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around here longer if it's a favorable deal, but we know he wants to be on the field. I think he'll ask for his release and the team will oblige.

Now he need to upgrade the TE, Oline and RB position. Care doesn’t fix all of our problems, He’s not Brees and we don’t have Payton he needs WEAPONS real weapons to succeed. mike and Chris would be a great start

We already paid MT and got nothing for it. I'm ready to move on.
For clarification - we didn’t get nothing.

The season AFTER he signed the deal, he had the most prolific receiving season in league history at that time.

Then injuries crushed the next 3 season.

Agreed that he didn’t “earn” that 100 million in full but he did go all out, when healthy, following the contract signing.

Also, don’t forget how amazing he looked (when healthy) in week one this past season. And that a hospital ball from Winston in week 2 essentially ended his brief comeback.

Thomas is a baller and if he is healthy he is the best receiver we have - by far. And that’s not a knock on Olave - that’s just how good MT is.

We already paid MT and got nothing for it. I'm ready to move on.
We got one of the greatest receiving seasons in history. Followed by a season in which he got hurt doing the dirty work of blocking, then tried to gut it out for the team in Brees’s last season. Let’s not act like he hurt himself doing parkour in the offseason.

Can’t foresee injuries.

Plus didn’t he have the best season of his career after signing

For clarification - we didn’t get nothing.

The season AFTER he signed the deal, he had the most prolific receiving season in league history at that time.

Then injuries crushed the next 3 season.

Agreed that he didn’t “earn” that 100 million in full but he did go all out, when healthy, following the contract signing.

Also, don’t forget how amazing he looked (when healthy) in week one this past season. And that a hospital ball from Winston in week 2 essentially ended his brief comeback.

Thomas is a baller and if he is healthy he is the best receiver we have - by far. And that’s not a knock on Olave - that’s just how good MT is.

We got one of the greatest receiving seasons in history. Followed by a season in which he got hurt doing the dirty work of blocking, then tried to gut it out for the team in Brees’s last season. Let’s not act like he hurt himself doing parkour in the offseason.
I just see excuses. We paid him a load of money for 1 year of catching passes and several years of doing nothing and you guys are ready to keep paying him? Not me. Time to move on. I don't dislike him and it sucks that he got injured. I really wish he could've kept killing it for us but he didn't. He didn't even come close to earning that contract so unless he wants to play for free for a couple seasons I'm done.

I just see excuses. We paid him a load of money for 1 year of catching passes and several years of doing nothing and you guys are ready to keep paying him? Not me. Time to move on. I don't dislike him and it sucks that he got injured. I really wish he could've kept killing it for us but he didn't. He didn't even come close to earning that contract so unless he wants to play for free for a couple seasons I'm done.
I’m confused. Where is anyone making excuses? Nothing we pointed out is anything but fact.

He was paid.
He balled out after.
He got injured on a play in which he shouldn’t have even been in the game.
He tries to “play through it” for Drew.
He has a set back in 2021
He came back ready in 2022
Balled out in week 1.
Got injured in week 2 making an attempt on an erratic pass by Winston.

None of that is excuses.

Should the Saints pay him 30 million on the 15th? NO WAY!

However, they’d be fools to not try and find a way to keep him in the fold. He’s the best receiver on the roster and will be the top receiver for any team who signs him. How would you feel facing him twice a year in Carolina or Atlanta?

Anyway, besides the point.

If… he is healthy…he is a huge addition to our offense that now has a QB.

Not excuses. Just fact.

Will it work out that he signs a team friendly deal to stay? Maybe not.

But if I’m Loomis - I’m trying to get him to agree to one.

I’m confused. Where is anyone making excuses? Nothing we pointed out is anything but fact.

He was paid.
He balled out after.
He got injured on a play in which he shouldn’t have even been in the game.
He tries to “play through it” for Drew.
He has a set back in 2021
He came back ready in 2022
Balled out in week 1.
Got injured in week 2 making an attempt on an erratic pass by Winston.

None of that is excuses.

Should the Saints pay him 30 million on the 15th? NO WAY!

However, they’d be fools to not try and find a way to keep him in the fold. He’s the best receiver on the roster and will be the top receiver for any team who signs him. How would you feel facing him twice a year in Carolina or Atlanta?

Anyway, besides the point.

If… he is healthy…he is a huge addition to our offense that now has a QB.

Not excuses. Just fact.

Will it work out that he signs a team friendly deal to stay? Maybe not.

But if I’m Loomis - I’m trying to get him to agree to one.
I'll PayPal you $50 if you can find the erratic throw vs Carolina that got MT13 injured.

The criteria are: he has to be visibly injured off of a bad pass and he has to come off the field immediately afterwards.

I'll PayPal you $50 if you can find the erratic throw vs Carolina that got MT13 injured.

The criteria are: he has to be visibly injured off of a bad pass and he has to come off the field immediately afterwards.
Thanks. I almost took his troll bait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom