Mike Thomas has Twitter angry (goes at Devante Parker) (1 Viewer)

It appears all of those tweets have been deleted. I have no idea what precipitated the whole incident.

It’s things like this that really makes it hit home that I’m getting old... I just don’t see the point to any of this nonsense.
Tell me about it! I used to be a wild, reckless idiot in my younger days looking to talk **** and getting in all kinds of trouble. Now I'm just a lazy idiot who laughs at younger idiots who haven't learned yet.

It appears all of those tweets have been deleted. I have no idea what precipitated the whole incident.
CGM definitely struck first blood. All Parker did was pick option A, with no reference to Mike. I guess Mike felt slighted by that and went on the offensive.

I’m ok with it if that’s what gives him his edge to win game to game, drive to drive, and play to play, battling for every inch of grass and always having something to prove.

CGM definitely struck first blood. All Parker did was pick option A, with no reference to Mike. I guess Mike felt slighted by that and went on the offensive.

I’m ok with it if that’s what gives him his edge to win game to game, drive to drive, and play to play, battling for every inch of grass and always having something to prove.
Please explain the "option A". What was the question? Is there a particular link to that tweet?

Hard agree, there. More than personnel, I think that's what's missing from this team. You have MT and CGJ playing with some "nasty" or swagger, or whatever other slang you have for it, and everyone else just seems to play.
It’s not a cure all
Sure it helps some dudes focus, but ‘swagger’ also leads to chain snatching, and the nonsense Burfict and Haynesworth get up to
Best to optimal in your mindset than to manufacture a personality

Please explain the "option A". What was the question? Is there a particular link to that tweet?

It was on Instagram, not twitter. The FOX on NFL account asked what is harder:
A. catching a pass on Gimlore
B. Breaking up a target to MT

Devante Parker commented Option A. MT took it as a slight and thus the comment war begun. It’s not as easy to track comments on IG from the laptop as it is the phone app. If you have the phone app, the comments are front and center when you go to the post.

Admittedly, MT comes off bad in this to everyone who is not a Saints fan. Thus, my mention of Twitter in the title. The exchange took place on Instagram but people went to Twitter to talk about it and MT was trending within hours, mainly from people being mad at him (MT is very hated by opposing fanbases. Very.)

But I personally love it because, especially after watching the documentary, it is so Michael Jordan-like. An Absolute psycho like tendency to look for any edge for motivation and use it to prosper on the field. Only diff between MJ and MT is MJ didn’t have social media to show off his psycho edge lol.

MT is only going to get better because he has the drive.. like sure money is a big motivator to him.. but being better than everyone is also a huge motivator.

If he controls his anger, yes he will get better, if that's even possible. If he lets his anger get out of control, it can work against him. He can poke the bear all he wants on Twitter and Instagram as long as he acts like a Pro on the field.

Last edited:

It was on Instagram, not twitter. The FOX on NFL account asked what is harder:
A. catching a pass on Gimlore
B. Breaking up a target to MT

Devante Parker commented Option A. MT took it as a slight and thus the comment war begun. It’s not as easy to track comments on IG from the laptop as it is the phone app. If you have the phone app, the comments are front and center when you go to the post.

Admittedly, MT comes off bad in this to everyone who is not a Saints fan. But I personally love it because, especially after watching the documentary, it is so Michael Jordan-like. An Absolute psycho like tendency to look for any edge for motivation and use it to prosper on the field. Only diff between MJ and MT is MJ didn’t have social media to show off his psycho edge lol.

Thanks a bunch, Saintsphere. That explains a lot. :9:

As Nick said, MT is exactly like MJ. He will look for anything to get an edge, even if it means exaggerating stuff, and then use it as fuel. Heck, MJ even flat out made up a story about poor LaBradford Smith.

So far, it’s made MT the greatest receiver we’ve seen since Moss. Maybe even Rice. Can’t argue with results.

Getting triggered off of dumb ish seems so corny and contrived to me. But I guess the narrative is supposed to be as important as the end results.

This is who Mike is, and we should love it because without this it we don't see the historic numbers year in and year out.

I hate making the MJ comparisons, but it really is true. Mike is always going to find an edge some way, some how. It may feel a lot different because of the era that we are in, but he's in a lot of ways similar to MJ in that regard. I mean the guy snapped at the official Saints instagram account for leaving off one of his all All-Pro seasons when listing his accolades in a post. He is absolutely relentless and I for one love it.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200519-084436_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200519-084436_Instagram.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 15
Mike has a winners mentality. No one works harder than him that is why he’s justified in throwing these statements out. No one I mean no one has his drive in my opinion.A lot of greats have the chip on their shoulder and it’s part of why they are great.

I absolutely love it every time he does this. Eff all these big talking average guys. Mike puts his money where his mouth is, too many a NFL player don’t but still have these big mouths like they are king ishhh.
Mike has a win, burn your crops and salt the earth mentality

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom