Mike Thomas: If a DB know the QB can’t throw deep they going to play aggressive underneath with safety help over the top. (1 Viewer)

So, I am not disagreeing with you, I am just saying.

I’m not really disagreeing with your post either. 😏

That said I think it is a dangerous slippery slope even if he did it wanting to force a trade. If I were a GM and it came down to him or someone that wasn’t ripping his QB in public that wouldn’t be much of a decision for me.

In fairness I can’t say I’m sure that is what he was intending to do with the tweet. It just looks like it.

Brown didn’t even play today. Gronk made 1 catch. You don’t think Arians wanted to run the ball last year while Jameis was setting records for the most ints in nfl history? He couldn’t, they were losing by double digits all the time so he had to keep throwing
Riddle me this: Jameis was cut and didn’t get a sniff from 31 other nfl teams. He signed here for the lowest amount allowed.
Why?

1. You're talking about one game Brown didn't play.

2. Gronk made a big play and he is also still an outstanding blocker. That matters a lot for a QB, especially ones like Brady and Jameis.

3. Are you saying Jameis was calling his own passing plays and ignoring Arians' calling to run the ball? I'm confused, LOL.

4. He got sniffs. He wasn't given a starting job. So he came here and learned, just like Teddy did, who earned a starting job and a well-deserved payday two years later.

1. You're talking about one game Brown didn't play.

2. Gronk made a big play and he is also still an outstanding blocker. That matters a lot for a QB, especially ones like Brady and Jameis.

3. Are you saying Jameis was calling his own passing plays and ignoring Arians' calling to run the ball? I'm confused, LOL.

4. He got sniffs. He wasn't given a starting job. So he came here and learned, just like Teddy did, who earned a starting job and a well-deserved payday two years later.
1. They got to the super bowl today without him. He really didn’t do much all year.
2. Jameis had OJ Howard, who most people would say is better than Gronk at this point in his career. Gronk is nowhere near his all pro self from 5 years ago.
3. No, I’m saying the bucs were down early due to ints that took them out of their game plan. What’s so hard to understand?
4. My dog gets sniffs too. Doesn’t make him a nfl qb.

Right. $23 million. You actively eat money and give away either your best or second best player.

Can't be competitive that way, even with a solid cap situation. Much less with Loomis already needing to move things around.
Yep - without restructuring he costs us $20MM plus in dead money. Can’t do it as structured.
there was a good article about our cap situation a few days ago, I suggest some of y’all read it before speculating too much and getting hopes up:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...otential-cap-casualties-and-restructures/amp/

lots of normal Loomis restructuring coming, but more big names than usual will be moving on.

Riddle me this: Jameis was allowed to walk and didn’t get a sniff from 31 other nfl teams. He signed here for the lowest amount allowed.
Why?

Maybe Payton saw something in him he thought he could fix and nobody else did? I think in fairness you have to admit that is at least a possibility.

I understand you just don’t want Winston. I get that. 😏

Right. $23 million. You actively eat money and give away either your best or second best player.

Can't be competitive that way, even with a solid cap situation. Much less with Loomis already needing to move things around.
Agreed. However, I would trade him if we can get Stafford or Watson in return. Pipe dream though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom