Mike Thomas: If a DB know the QB can’t throw deep they going to play aggressive underneath with safety help over the top. (1 Viewer)

1. They got to the super bowl today without him. He really didn’t do much all year.
2. Jameis had OJ Howard, who most people would say is better than Gronk at this point in his career. Gronk is nowhere near his all pro self from 5 years ago.
3. No, I’m saying the bucs were down early due to ints that took them out of their game plan. What’s so hard to understand?
4. My dog gets sniffs too. Doesn’t make him a nfl qb.

1. Brown changed the entire way they run offense in the second half. Read more here: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...o-brown-buccaneers/11m80m29iuw461y0e9h96hvoi5

2. LOL, what? They literally benched Howard after getting Gronk. He had lost his job before getting hurt.

3. You can still run the ball and do something other than pass deep down the field when you're behind.

4. You used the word sniffs to start with. Not me. I'll defer to Payton on this one.

1. Brown changed the entire way they run offense in the second half. Read more here: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...o-brown-buccaneers/11m80m29iuw461y0e9h96hvoi5

2. LOL, what? They literally benched Howard after getting Gronk. He had lost his job before getting hurt.

3. You can still run the ball and do something other than pass deep down the field when you're behind.

4. You used the word sniffs to start with. Not me. I'll defer to Payton on this one.
Doesn’t change the fact they won their biggest game of the year without him today.

Howard ruptured his Achilles in like week 4 and has been out for the year. He wasn’t benched, he was having a good season.

Mike Thomas isn't going anywhere because of his contract. Cut that narrative out.
Eh. Trading for a big contract and trading for someone you know will sign a big contract isn't really much different to me. Referring to the Hopkins situation. How the Texans didn't get a 1st for him is beyond me.

There's a number of reasons not to trade Thomas, a team not taking on the contract doesn't seem to be one of them.

I was MT's biggest fan, now I'm on the fence if I even want him on the Saints anymore.

His mouth during the "Brees gate" thing now this constant twitter crap....i'm kind of tired of it.
I think you confused Thomas with Jenkins with Brees Gate.

I think you confused Thomas with Jenkins with Brees Gate.

Nah, Thomas took shots as well.

Edit: Also who know what Thomas will be without Brees throwing him the ball? It's not like it would be the first WR/TE to fall off without Brees talent/leadership.

Thomas might start really acting out too without Brees around

Look, I'm not a fan of MT, I think he is Keyshawn 2.0, but I would like to see what he can do with a more wide open offense. I have yet to see any of the Saints WRs catch a pass over their shoulder, I'm very interested in seeing what that would look like and considering what MT has done these past 3 years, it would be beneficial to have him on the roster.

I like Thomas the player. Twitter Thomas needs to be quiet. I get that he's a passionate dude. I think that's what makes him so great as a player, but I agree, just keep your mouth shut when it comes to teammates. He's knows as well as we all do that Brees is more than likely hanging it up. Just be quiet and ball out next season. That simple.

Doesn’t change the fact they won their biggest game of the year without him today.

Howard ruptured his Achilles in like week 4 and has been out for the year. He wasn’t benched, he was having a good season.

Doesn’t change the fact he helped make them much better this year and GB still had to prepare for an offense that had changed thanks to him.

And Howard played so poorly last year he got benched, lol. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/o-j-howard-benched-after-crazy-drop/

Eh. Trading for a big contract and trading for someone you know will sign a big contract isn't really much different to me. Referring to the Hopkins situation. How the Texans didn't get a 1st for him is beyond me.

There's a number of reasons not to trade Thomas, a team not taking on the contract doesn't seem to be one of them.

No, I'm talking about the Saints cap space. The Saints would lose cap space by trading or cutting him. It's cheaper to keep him.

Nah, Thomas took shots as well.

Edit: Also who know what Thomas will be without Brees throwing him the ball? It's not like it would be the first WR/TE to fall off without Brees talent/leadership.

Thomas might start really acting out too without Brees around
Let's not get it twisted. This year filled with injuries aside, Thomas was Drew's crutch the last few years.

He continued to thrive with Teddy last year and played well through injury with Hill at QB this year as well.

Exactly. If you really want to see the Saints winning then you can’t condone this type of behavior. Crappy locker rooms don’t win championships. I don’t think his next QB can trust him thinking if he has a bad game MT is gonna blow him up on Twitter. I wouldn’t.
How many Superbowls did Terrell Owens win? Thomas is Owens light.

Did you watch the Michael Jordan documentary? Or see Tom Brady scream at his linemen over and over and over and over? Or see Kobe calling out teammates?

Some of the greatest athletes of all time have gotten quite vocal when they’re frustrated.
No. I didn’t see Jordan calling out teammates. He did it at practice. With his team. And directly to the player. He didn’t tweet it. You only know about it because of the documentary.
Brady - are you defending Brady’s tirades and yelling at players? That makes him whiny. That’s not what makes him a winner. It’s terrible behavior.
Kobe - absolutely not. Never saw it.

Thomas ? What are you saying? He is on their level? He is ok to criticize Brees? What?

He will get his. Time for him to grow up.

No. I didn’t see Jordan calling out teammates. He did it at practice. With his team. And directly to the player. He didn’t tweet it. You only know about it because of the documentary.
Brady - are you defending Brady’s tirades and yelling at players? That makes him whiny. That’s not what makes him a winner. It’s terrible behavior.

Thomas ? What are you saying? He is on their level? He is ok to criticize Brees? What?

That “what” at the end was very Cajun cannon

I always do my homework.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1991-06-11-1991162166-story.html

“It's one thing writing articles criticizing Jordan's supporting cast, but it's quite another for Jordan to do it publicly. One of Jordan's few weaknesses as a professional has been his lack of trust in his teammates.”

“It was only about five months ago that Jordan was sniping at general manager Jerry Krause for Krause's inability to improve the Bulls. The insinuation was the Bulls were not good enough to win a championship.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-05-24-sp-377-story.html

“Jordan Ripped Into Teammates After Game 2 Loss to Pistons”

(that was with media in attendance)

And no. I never said MT was on their level as a player. The post was in response to someone talking about how people deal with frustration. And I pointed out that Thomas wouldn’t be the first great athlete to comment publicly about a teammate (and, as you can see, not the greatest athlete to do so, either).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom