Mike Thomas Injury Update. Rapoport: he may need a week or two to finally play(Mod edit) (2 Viewers)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who is CGM? What is CGM? How Is CGM?
Yep. Probably a defense mechanism. If I forget he ever existed, I can't miss him, right? Hmm, I should employ this technique in other avenues, too.

Reaction score
Guys! He’s healthy with no set backs. He’s coming off of PUP. He hasn’t practiced in over ten months. No training camp, no team drills nothing (you’re not allowed on PUP) he needs weeks to get in game shape. Does anyone expect him to not practice in months then get through back in a game?

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Texans and Miami are dumpster fires ...

Propose a trade @ WR from either of these squads?

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I never believed it. Unnamed sources says that he's weeks away from returning and that as the time approached toward the bye...it just wasn't going to happen. For those keeping track at home...this is an absolute disaster of a sports medicine case. 8-9 weeks is what you'd expect worst case scenario after an initial injury...surgery and all. Here we are going on 14-15 months post injury. It's very reasonable to question CGM's level of conditioning. Frankly, I'm not optimistic that it's going to happen this year. Sure...he could get back...but I'm skeptical that he's going to be the guy we remember, this year at least. Sorry.

I fully believe rushing him back last year further damaged his ankle. I think there's major fault on both sides of this situation, but I don't think his conditioning has anything to do with this.

Reaction score
The Texans and Miami are dumpster fires ...

Propose a trade @ WR from either of these squads?
It would be nice to get a certain "one trick pony" receiver from the Texans that's quietly on his way to a 1500yd season. They can have any QB on our roster not named Jameis + a 3rd if they want...also throw in Ingram, just to have him around, as well.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone think MT has played his last down as a Saint? I would never trade him unless the haul was something absurd and could not passed up. This whole situation seems like both sides are waiting for the a trade partner.
First the attitude he showd last year. Then,MT didn't seem very happy JW became the qb for NO. Then he elects not to do surgery , putting him out up to 8-9 weeks. I see a disconnect from MT to the Saints. Hope I'm wrong.
Well, if you trade an asset, it should be when it is at the highest market value. Right now we are exactly at the opposite.

I just don’t see a trade happening this year.

Nor even next year, if Mike does not come back and produce this season.

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
I'll believe Michael Thomas will play and go back to being the old MT when he actually takes the field and proves it. Until then I have no expectations.

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Like most have said, I'm shooting for the Tampa Bay game with being hopeful for Thomas's return. I don't see a need to rush him back against a struggling Seahawks teams.

As far as the rest of the comments concerning his commitment to the team, I can see why folks would question it but.... This dude has always played with a chip on his shoulder and now has something to prove. When he comes back, he will absolutely bring an intensity that we've been missing on the offensive side of the ball. He may not be committed to us, but he commits to his craft and that's good enough for me.

WhoDat?DrewDat

Jimmy Graham #1 Fan
Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport, Thomas may need a week or two to play.

Few weeks away?

Good thing MT waited as long as possible to get that surgery! At this point all you can do is laugh

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As long he's at full strength I'm okay with that. I believe we need to continue to win with what we have and we guys return it will be an added bonus.

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
I’m getting fed up at this point. Had he been a professional and take care of business we wouldn’t have been dealing with this. At this point i can go either way with the situation
Well if YOU are getting fed up, U should text CSP know to tell him to have MT kick rocks. Also, since u have omniscient powers what will the weather be on July 4 this year?

Reaction score
I’d be OK with this if we hadn’t been told he was coming back right after the bye. Some of that involves clueless media, but Coach Johnson said something to that effect as well. We don’t need to be using the David Griffin theory of communication.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom