Mike Thomas Injury Update. Rapoport: he may need a week or two to finally play(Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

Welp…. BYE week is over… and guess what?
More bad news!
I've been saying this for weeks and it will be hard to accept for some - but, in my opinion, we have to stop looking at this team as a team that is going to miraculously get numerous superstars back from injury and reach our full potential.

The Saints under Payton have one of the most cautious, slow moving teams in the league in terms of returning injured players.

It'll be Thanksgiving before some of those guys are back and in the interim we'll be adding more players to that list due to rigors of the NFL season. This is the nature of the beast.

Who is CGM? What is CGM? How Is CGM?
Yep. Probably a defense mechanism. If I forget he ever existed, I can't miss him, right? Hmm, I should employ this technique in other avenues, too.

Guys! He’s healthy with no set backs. He’s coming off of PUP. He hasn’t practiced in over ten months. No training camp, no team drills nothing (you’re not allowed on PUP) he needs weeks to get in game shape. Does anyone expect him to not practice in months then get through back in a game?

I never believed it. Unnamed sources says that he's weeks away from returning and that as the time approached toward the bye...it just wasn't going to happen. For those keeping track at home...this is an absolute disaster of a sports medicine case. 8-9 weeks is what you'd expect worst case scenario after an initial injury...surgery and all. Here we are going on 14-15 months post injury. It's very reasonable to question CGM's level of conditioning. Frankly, I'm not optimistic that it's going to happen this year. Sure...he could get back...but I'm skeptical that he's going to be the guy we remember, this year at least. Sorry.

I fully believe rushing him back last year further damaged his ankle. I think there's major fault on both sides of this situation, but I don't think his conditioning has anything to do with this.

The Texans and Miami are dumpster fires ...

Propose a trade @ WR from either of these squads?
It would be nice to get a certain "one trick pony" receiver from the Texans that's quietly on his way to a 1500yd season. They can have any QB on our roster not named Jameis + a 3rd if they want...also throw in Ingram, just to have him around, as well.

Does anyone think MT has played his last down as a Saint? I would never trade him unless the haul was something absurd and could not passed up. This whole situation seems like both sides are waiting for the a trade partner.
First the attitude he showd last year. Then,MT didn't seem very happy JW became the qb for NO. Then he elects not to do surgery , putting him out up to 8-9 weeks. I see a disconnect from MT to the Saints. Hope I'm wrong.
Well, if you trade an asset, it should be when it is at the highest market value. Right now we are exactly at the opposite.

I just don’t see a trade happening this year.

Nor even next year, if Mike does not come back and produce this season.

I'll believe Michael Thomas will play and go back to being the old MT when he actually takes the field and proves it. Until then I have no expectations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom