Mike Thomas Injury Update. Rapoport: he may need a week or two to finally play(Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

Like most have said, I'm shooting for the Tampa Bay game with being hopeful for Thomas's return. I don't see a need to rush him back against a struggling Seahawks teams.

As far as the rest of the comments concerning his commitment to the team, I can see why folks would question it but.... This dude has always played with a chip on his shoulder and now has something to prove. When he comes back, he will absolutely bring an intensity that we've been missing on the offensive side of the ball. He may not be committed to us, but he commits to his craft and that's good enough for me.

As long he's at full strength I'm okay with that. I believe we need to continue to win with what we have and we guys return it will be an added bonus.

I’m getting fed up at this point. Had he been a professional and take care of business we wouldn’t have been dealing with this. At this point i can go either way with the situation
Well if YOU are getting fed up, U should text CSP know to tell him to have MT kick rocks. Also, since u have omniscient powers what will the weather be on July 4 this year?

I’d be OK with this if we hadn’t been told he was coming back right after the bye. Some of that involves clueless media, but Coach Johnson said something to that effect as well. We don’t need to be using the David Griffin theory of communication.

I never believed it. Unnamed sources says that he's weeks away from returning and that as the time approached toward the bye...it just wasn't going to happen. For those keeping track at home...this is an absolute disaster of a sports medicine case. 8-9 weeks is what you'd expect worst case scenario after an initial injury...surgery and all. Here we are going on 14-15 months post injury. It's very reasonable to question CGM's level of conditioning. Frankly, I'm not optimistic that it's going to happen this year. Sure...he could get back...but I'm skeptical that he's going to be the guy we remember, this year at least. Sorry.
I think his future lies elsewhere. Something's not right.

When I first started reading your post, I was ready to roll my eyes but you’re 100% correct.

I look at it slightly different, I don’t see it as 40% Saints & 60% Thomas or 30/70 or 90/10…. it’s 100%/100%

Thomas is a grown arse man and I guarantee if you tried to tell him something, he would let you know that! It’s 100% on him to be responsible and meet his obligations.

In addition, you run a billion dollar business and one of your most important assets has an issue and you don’t bother to check up and CONFIRM everything is on schedule? That’s a 100% failure on the Saints.

So yea, I’m mad at Thomas but when Payton tries to act mad at Thomas, I would ask Payton what he did to make sure this didn’t happen.
If you recall, Payton and co. called, emailed, texted…Thomas on a number if occasions, unless you conveniently forgot that. The issue Payton and co. had, was the fact Thomas was essentially off the grid where he was unreachable. Unless the Saints were willing to send an entourage of investigators down to Miami to look for a grown man in the off season, what else would you suppose they could/should have done?

And for the record, when you as an employee have been out of work due to illness or injury, it is YOUR responsibility to report to your employer your status and when you are anticipating being released by your doctor to return to work. Employers have many issues to deal with, aside from just one employee’s situation.

I think his future lies elsewhere. Something's not right.
BINGO!

He will not be a Saint! He will be traded or will certainly not be back this year to finish as a Saint. He will be elsewhere. Or the Saints could really just let him remain a Saint until his contract is up. Then what team will sign him after his injury and having not played for 4 plus years?

BINGO!

He will not be a Saint! He will be traded or will certainly not be back this year to finish as a Saint. He will be elsewhere. Or the Saints could really just let him remain a Saint until his contract is up. Then what team will sign him after his injury and having not played for 4 plus years?
The contract hit over the next 2 years says we will not trade him. We are not talking about Junior.

If you recall, Payton and co. called, emailed, texted…Thomas on a number if occasions, unless you conveniently forgot that. The issue Payton and co. had, was the fact Thomas was essentially off the grid where he was unreachable. Unless the Saints were willing to send an entourage of investigators down to Miami to look for a grown man in the off season, what else would you suppose they could/should have done?

And for the record, when you as an employee have been out of work due to illness or injury, it is YOUR responsibility to report to your employer your status and when you are anticipating being released by your doctor to return to work. Employers have many issues to deal with, aside from just one employee’s situation.
Great post, others like to rewrite history or have selective memories.

That mod edit isn't correct, Rappoport clearly said it won't be this week or next week.

With that thread title, people will be hopeful he plays against the Bucs in 2 weeks.

Why are we adding to the confusion?

Let's leave that to the media and team.

I think he stays till at least the end of the 2022 season. After that a trade is doable. Is that right?

Like most have said, I'm shooting for the Tampa Bay game with being hopeful for Thomas's return. I don't see a need to rush him back against a struggling Seahawks teams.

As far as the rest of the comments concerning his commitment to the team, I can see why folks would question it but.... This dude has always played with a chip on his shoulder and now has something to prove. When he comes back, he will absolutely bring an intensity that we've been missing on the offensive side of the ball. He may not be committed to us, but he commits to his craft and that's good enough for me.

"When he comes back".

Yeah, but and we might be looking at week 9-10 now. It might be too little too late by then.

And I how committed to his craft could he possibly be??? He ignored the team during the offseason and ignored his doctor by skipping his second evaluation and CHOOSING to show up to camp knowing he needed surgery. That's not the actions of someone who is committed to anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom