Mike Thomas lookin for 20mil... (1 Viewer)

Crazy. Is he a product of the most accurate passer in NFL history or is he a ridiculous once in a generation talent? I say a bit of both so split the difference and call it good.

Time to move on then. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE MT. I'm inspired by his work ethic and demeanor and the product he puts on the field. However, we have never paid a WR that kind of money and I don't think we ever should. MT is driven to be the best WR in the game. Prob even to ever play the game. He needs a blockbuster contract and max exposure and I don't think the Saints are the team to give him that. I don't think he's selfish like Cooks, and I wouldn't fault either side for parting ways.

Crazy. Is he a product of the most accurate passer in NFL history or is he a ridiculous once in a generation talent? I say a bit of both so split the difference and call it good.
Last year, for the first time in Drew Brees' life, a wide receiver made him better rather than he making a receiver better. Michael Thomas was a rock and there's nobody Drew trusts more. That will only continue as Drew's career winds down. Just pay the man.

Julio will have a new contract shortly.

I would not pay 20 million to Thomas. Great receiver, but not the best receiver in the game whose numbers have been helped by the offense in which he plays.

Bottom line: Would New England give Thomas that type of contract? I don't think so. He has one more year under his current contract. And we can always put the franchise tag on him.

Last year, for the first time in Drew Brees' life, a wide receiver made him better rather than he making a receiver better. Michael Thomas was a rock and there's nobody Drew trusts more. That will only continue as Drew's career winds down. Just pay the man.

You preach it.... I'll stomp my feet to it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom