Mike Thomas not spotted at practice today (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Question: Underhill tweeted this out and the responses were mostly vitriol aimed at Thomas, and I’m kinda confused. Don’t the Saints have to designate him as returning from IR before he can practice? Were you all expecting he’d be back at practice by now or what?

I was under the impression he had to be activated from IR to practice

As for Twitter, it’s a cesspool that I’m happy I gave up a few years ago
What I’m confused about is Underhill’s tweet too. Did he expect to see him WATCHING practice, and that’s why it’s newsworthy?

After six weeks, teams will have a window of five weeks to decide whether that player can start practicing. If he does not practice within those five weeks, or isn't activated to the 53-man roster within 21 days after he begins practicing again, the player will have the stay placed on the PUP list for the rest of the season.

Not surprising, not a big deal either. After rushing him back last season and further damaging his ankle, I'm sure the team wants to be sure he's 100% before he gets on the playing field. I don't blame them.

So MT is a few weeks away yet, in part because he hasn’t practised with the team since January. Yet he’s still on the PUP list and therefore not able to practice. If he isn’t taken off the PUP list before the Tampa game then I’d be concerned that something else is going on. Absolute joke that its got to this point as it is.

This whole saga is extremely frustrating as a fan. I can’t even imagine how P'Oed coach must be. MT is a professional and paid as such so he needs to handle business as one. Situation has gone off the deep end. Optics at this point are that he wants out. Not sure if true but easy to deduce.

My gut says maybe game 11 he'll be back if at all. I have no confidence in this situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom