Mike Thomas talking trash on Twitter (1 Viewer)

Keep your mouth shut. You’re team got embarrassed at home to a team that shouldn’t have won a single playoff game and San Fran just proved that. Great season, great player but social media will make idiots out of you. You want to talk, win.

It aint that serious man.

I thought people were tired of the "pc" culture, so which is it?

It aint that serious man.

I thought people were tired of the "pc" culture, so which is it?

It ain’t got nothing to do with the PC culture. It’s got to do with what’s right and what’s wrong. You do your talking on the field. You want to talk, win. You sitting on your couch watching other teams you keep your mouth shut. I’m old school. This entire OBJ generation of players talk entirely too much. You talk with what you put out on the field.

This is petulant, unprofessional and embarrassing from Thomas. Yes, he’s a baller and had a great season (especially if he played with a broken hand), but we frittered away a great season with a dreadful showing against an average football team in week one of the playoffs and now we look like sore losers.

The team needs to get on top of this sort of thing. It just looks silly. Imagine Drew spouting this nonsense. If you’ve got to be classless, at least do it when you win.

It ain’t got nothing to do with the PC culture. It’s got to do with what’s right and what’s wrong. You do your talking on the field. You want to talk, win. You sitting on your couch watching other teams you keep your mouth shut. I’m old school. This entire OBJ generation of players talk entirely too much. You talk with what you put out on the field.

He is saying what many of us were thinking. I knew the Vikings would get blown out this week. Plus in retaliation to how the Vikings players talked a little smack after the game last week.

Again, none of it is that serious. So lets let go of this pc crap. Let MT take this Vikings loss and grab'em by the..

Doak tryna get them Woody Hayes throwback, hand in the dirt, no face mask, leather helmet, three yards and a cloud of dust, uppity wide receiver, sepia-tone photograph retweets.

Anyone who only peripherally follows the Saints has seen Mike do this. And the same drive that has him angry at home this week is the same drive that pushes him to excel as he does and battle as he does.

I remember Randy Moss mimicking pulling his pants down in celebration. And I’d gladly have him on my team. And this was way less petty than that.

And I don’t care if that means that Florio or Peter King is gonna post some photo of a toothless Jack Lambert as part of some holier than thou lecture about how football is meant to be played. Because I’d remind them that football’s legacy then is also Mike Webster.

And if we’re going to talk about silly career-related decisions, if you’re a NOLA sports reporter, do you think it was wise to send that tweet? And doing so without even bothering to @ Thomas when everyone knows who he’s talking to and what he’s talking about? Not only stupid but it comes off cowardly.

All in all, I know which side of this argument I think comes off more unwise, petty, and offsides.

This is petulant, unprofessional and embarrassing from Thomas. Yes, he’s a baller and had a great season (especially if he played with a broken hand), but we frittered away a great season with a dreadful showing against an average football team in week one of the playoffs and now we look like sore losers.

The team needs to get on top of this sort of thing. It just looks silly. Imagine Drew spouting this nonsense. If you’ve got to be classless, at least do it when you win.
at least do it when you win, really,seriously. Diggs is a pimple of the lowest order. There is some bad blood going on here. The vikes winning graciously really didn't happen and that's part of the problem. Mike said his, I have no problem with that,now he needs to move on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom