Mike Triplett on ESPN's "First Take"(merged) (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
The Times-Picayune's Mike Triplett said on ESPN's "First Take" program this morning that he thinks the Saints will take Troy CB Leodis McKelvin at #10. Other possibilities: Cromartie, Rivers, Ellis, or Dorsey. Triplett thinks we'll have to trade up to get Ellis or Dorsey.

In discussing McKelvin, Triplett said he's a quality corner who is also such a good return man that he likened him to Devin Hester.

Last edited:
McKelvin woudnt be a bad pick, seems like a playmaker at corner, specially since he can return kicks and punts....so when he gets his hands on a Int, he is more likely to make something happen with it......man I wish this draft would just hurry up and come, I hate all this speculation, but its the same year after year....so why aint I used to it?

The Times-Picayune's Mike Triplett said on ESPN's "First Take" program this morning that he thinks the Saints will take Troy CB Leodis McKelvin at #10. Other possibilities: Cromartie, Rivers, Ellis, or Dorsey. Triplett thinks we'll have to trade up to get Ellis or Dorsey.

When was this on......? I'm watching First Take and somehow missed it.:covri: Triplett must be talking to Mike D, because just yesterday Mike D said Leodis is the best CB in the draft.

McKelvin is our guy according to ESPN First Take

Recap- ESPN First Take just went over the Saints draft according to their mock and they have us choosing McLovin. This is how is goes so far.

1. Dolphins - Chris Long
2. Rams - Jake Long
3. Falcons - Glenn Dorsey
4. Raiders - Vernon Gholston
5 Chiefs - Sedrick Ellis
6. Jets - Darren McFadden
7. Patriots - Aquib Talib
8. Ravens - Matt Ryan
9. Bengals- Phillip Merling
10. Saints- Leodis McKelvin

The three guys they had us considering were Rivers, DRC, and McKelvin. I guess any of those guys would work since ellis and dorsey are gone. McKelvin is considered to be the top cb by many experts so he might be the obvious choice. They did talk about his upside, but didnt speak very highly of his ball skills. Im kinda worried about that one because i always thought that great corners usually have great ball skills. They also talked about his role as a returner, but said that might upset bush. (as in the saints might start to consider putting him in the role of our main returner). I am not against that idea at all since he is obviously not a everydown back and we are paying him lots of money. We might as well get every penny out of him. Alot of people say cant risk the injury factor but i say screw it. Someone has to do it so why not let him have a shot, besides we would be paying McKelvin lots of money to do it anyway.

Awww you beat me to it. I just made a thread about the same topic.

nevermind it just got merged into this one

Last edited:
I have no problem with it - if our FO thinks he's the best corner and a good pick there.

Recap- ESPN First Take just went over the Saints draft according to their mock and they have us choosing McLovin. This is how is goes so far.

1. Dolphins - Chris Long
2. Rams - Jake Long
3. Falcons - Glenn Dorsey
4. Raiders - Vernon Gholston
5 Chiefs - Sedrick Ellis
6. Jets - Darren McFadden
7. Patriots - Aquib Talib
8. Ravens - Matt Ryan
9. Bengals- Phillip Merling
10. Saints- Leodis McKelvin

I'd be O.K. with that... McKelvin can cover extremely well, his hands just suck.

I wouldn't mind taking Leodis at 10... and if he has Devin hester-esque skills as a return man... and can cover... then why the hell not? I'd like DRC at 10, but I wouldn'd throw my remote out the window if we take McLovin at 10...

I find it hard to believe his hands suck and yet he is a punt returner......doesn't add up.:idunno: What gives....

Very different type of ball skills

Punts your plucking a falling ball out of the air...it's just about keeping your eye on the ball and not worrying about the pressure coming - more a mental 'fearlessness' thing.

Int's and whatnot are a different beast, that's a ball properly thrown and usually not coming straight at you (unless you're lucky...)

I'm still undecided on this...I have a hard time reconciling myself to taking a corner at 10...I know it's an important position and one where drafting is the best way to get talent (it's probably harder to get CB talent outside of the draft than any position other than QB and maybe DE/LT...just seems like they don't get on the market), but it still feels like front 7 is more important to me, especially D-line

Here's to hoping we get Dorsey or Sed :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom