Mike Triplett on the Saints in the current Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

On a neutral field, I’d take Seattle, Niners, and Ravens over us right now.

I think it would be a dog fight between us and the Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, and Rams.

On a neutral field, I’d take Seattle, Niners, and Ravens over us right now.

I think it would be a dog fight between us and the Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, and Rams.
I agree. Some playoff teams are trending upward and some of them are not.

For example, look at this year's playoff teams' recent records in December. Seattle is a good example. They typically start the season slow and finish strong.

And arguments that one team beat another early in the year so they are the better team NOW is questionable at best. Some teams get better during the season and others pretty much stay the same or recede.

we are really spoiled if we are not happy being ranked 4th. There are 32 teams and we are above 28 of them I mean seriously..

Yeah well we blew it by not trading for Sanders or Devante Parker.

Parker is now one of the top 10 receivers in the NFL.

What could have been.

It just doesn't make sense we stayed pat.

Last edited:
More dominant or not, they are currently the #5 Seed, we are the #1 Seed. How can they be ranked ahead of us? Same with the Patriots. They are the #2 Seed, the Ravens are the #1 Seed. We should be ranked #2.

Currently the person who ranked them feels otherwise...its subjective and only his opinion.

More dominant or not, they are currently the #5 Seed, we are the #1 Seed. How can they be ranked ahead of us? Same with the Patriots. They are the #2 Seed, the Ravens are the #1 Seed. We should be ranked #2.

it's more like a Madden video game team rating than a standings thing. If we just looked at standings and ranked accordingly then these power ratings wouldn't even exist.

*Checks when power rankings last decided Super Bowl champion.

*Answer is 'never'

This isn't about wins and losses, per se. It's about respect. We are currently the #1 Seed. The Niners are the #5 Seed. The Seahawks are #1 in their own Division. Even Power Rankings should recognize this.

If we're being honest, both the Ravens and the 49ers have looked more dominant on the field than us recently. That Falcons game was closer than it should have been (unfortunately, I feel like we say this a lot). Yeah. I get it. A win is a win, but that's not what the power rankings are about. It's about HOW you won those games. The only problem I have with the ranking is that we should be ahead of the Patriots who are currently sitting at #3.

Exactly. The key word being lately. We have had far more significant injuries ( Lattimore, Brees, Armsted, Peat, Cook) and others that are less known. We are as good or better than anyone despite these setbacks. I expect to see a good game with the Saints on top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom