Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr tonight! (1 Viewer)

Seen the highlights on YouTube, but this looked more like a practice match. It was good to see Mike out there though.

Seen the highlights on YouTube, but this looked more like a practice match. It was good to see Mike out there though.
Tyson was there to fight Jones was there to hold on. Tyson could have gone 15 rounds. Dude is in amazing shape.

Tyson was there to fight Jones was there to hold on. Tyson could have gone 15 rounds. Dude is in amazing shape.

Yeah, it was good to see Tyson out there again...

Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson would be a more telling match. I doubt Lennox would agree though.

I like watching this amateur fighting channel.

Yeah, it was good to see Tyson out there again...

Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson would be a more telling match. I doubt Lennox would agree though.

I like watching this amateur fighting channel.

Lennox says he would come back to get even with Riddick Bowe for ducking him in the 90s.

Lennox says he would come back to get even with Riddick Bowe for ducking him in the 90s.

Definitely want to watch that one and maybe there will be a Tyson/Lennox rematch one day.

Generation X is such a clutch generation!

1606674725125.png

I don't blame Lennox for feeling a little salty about that. Bowe was having nightmares about that Olympics loss and didn't want to go through that again.

For me, that first fight with Holyfield is the one I will always remember Bowe for.

Definitely want to watch that one and maybe there will be a Tyson/Lennox rematch one day.

Generation X is such a clutch generation!

1606674725125.png

When I think of Cobain, 'clutch' is not the word that comes to mind

Lennox Lewis at this age wouldn't even be fair. His 84" reach against 50+ yo men that can't move as well would be brutal. For comparison, Tyson has a 71" reach. Even Bowe only had about an 80" reach.

The only way you beat that reach is with good foot, waist, and head movement to get inside. No 50+-year-old man has the physical ability to do that.

Evander Holyfield said recently that he would be willing to fight Mike Tyson again if Tyson’s representatives reached out, but Holyfield is now the one that is trying to make the bout happen.

Holyfield’s representatives issued a press release on Tuesday in which the former heavyweight champion called out Tyson. Holyfield says he was confused when Tyson chose to fight Roy Jones Jr., but he now believes Tyson was using the Jones fight as a “tune-up fight before thinking about fighting me.”

“My side tried to make the fight happen and we got nothing but excuses. … Roy Jones was a good local opponent for Mike,” Holyfield said. “But a fight with me would be a global event and the only fight that anyone wants to see is a fight between us. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t make it happen.” ...............

Evander Holyfield said recently that he would be willing to fight Mike Tyson again if Tyson’s representatives reached out, but Holyfield is now the one that is trying to make the bout happen.

Holyfield’s representatives issued a press release on Tuesday in which the former heavyweight champion called out Tyson. Holyfield says he was confused when Tyson chose to fight Roy Jones Jr., but he now believes Tyson was using the Jones fight as a “tune-up fight before thinking about fighting me.”

“My side tried to make the fight happen and we got nothing but excuses. … Roy Jones was a good local opponent for Mike,” Holyfield said. “But a fight with me would be a global event and the only fight that anyone wants to see is a fight between us. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t make it happen.” ...............

Evander must need a check for his 11 kids. I know last year there was an article about him being broke and living in a 2 bedroom apartment.

I hope Tyson does it, if for no other reason than a payday for Evander. He can't give him half of his ear back, but he can help him get back on his feet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom