Mike Wallace (1 Viewer)

If we splurge for any One FA this off-season, I really hope that it's Jake Long if Bushrod decides to walk. He had a bit of a down year last season, but he's shown in the past he can be that Cornerstone Left Tackle that can shutdown pass rushers, and move people in the run game. Plug him in next to Grubbs, and never worry about Brees blindside.

Wallace is a great player but it would be an unbelieveable waste of cash when we have so many needs on defense. We are already a prolific offense and we were just the worst defense in NFL history. Ideas like this are mindblowing to me. I just don't get it. With Morgan coming on and Toon in the wings, I'd be really disappointed if we draft a WR before round 5 or 6 or if we spent serious money on one. We need to protect Drew and we need to apply pressure on opposing qb's. It's pretty much that simple for me.

That's the thing, literally no money. Doubt we would get either Wallace or Bowe, they both are great players.

This team has really fricked itself with a bunch of bad contracts and now we're unable to compete for the title in brees final few years.

The 3-4 conversion will take 2-3 years from scratch which is where we are now.

WE need 5-6 starters on def
We need to replenish an aging WR corps
We need to find a solution to the OT questions.

I only see us getting 2-3 starters on Defense this year, maybe a OT, and a WR.
This will be a couple years before we compete for the title again. sadly

Thanks to the contracts for Will Smith, Harper, Bunkely, Hawthorne, and the huge waste of space Ellis for so many years we have been moving backwards...while other teams slowly acquire young talent and get better, we got old worse and overpaid.

If this team tries to "make it work" with the same slew of players, ie if they bring back Smith, Harper and sign Shanle again, I see no hope and we can all go back to watching reruns of 2009 because that's as close as we will get to it again.

It seems like people think we have a boat load of cap space to make all these moves. It can't be done and we need to focus money on defense. We can't afford Wallace or Bowe or Jennings. Those guys will command top salary on FA market no way around it. I will say that we could use a deep threat, but we need somebody that will be cheap but seasoned. I would think trying to bring moss into the fold would be an option. A better alternative would be a guy like ted ginn who can return punts and if need kickoffs. While he phased out in miami, he has made plays in the pros and wouldn't be I opposed to getting in to replace henderson and be a compliment to Morgan. I like morgan but that small sample size isn't enough just yet.

We can have cap space if Loomis and SP can get players to restructure. Will Smith, Vilma, Harper, and Evans need to restructure and possibly Brees to.

We can have cap space if Loomis and SP can get players to restructure. Will Smith, Vilma, Harper, and Evans need to restructure and possibly Brees to.

Restructuring though only moves part of their Salary from this year, into later year.

It's like moving over part of your debt to a later time but you build up more interest.

Everyone can't just restructure or we will be in Even worse shape next season with ridiculous cap figures to pay guys. Some cuts are going to have to be made, and we're going to have to eat it this season.

If I were the Texans or 49ers, I'd be pursuing Wallace.

As for offensive FA's, give me a lineman and/or a 2nd legit pass catching tight end.

Ok here's the problem with "Restructuring"

The word restructure, it isn't that easy. Will some players be willing to restructure or be cut yes, but the issue is deeper than that. While owners have a boat load of money to spend, they want these players to earn that money. Can a player have a contract with 20 mil. with it all being a bonus? Probably so but that doesn't give a player room for incentive. Thats the problem. Will players restructure and how much is a franchise willing to put in bonus money(FREE MONEY) for the sake of dropping your cap number? It comes a time when good players will walk and you have to develop through the draft. If you cut vilma, smith and harper yes i'm sure we would trim alot of fat but at what expense? My point being if it was so easy to restructure alot more teams would be doing it. You can't keep moving money from pile to pile and think it wont have long lasting negative impact.

Thank you

Restructuring though only moves part of their Salary from this year, into later year.

It's like moving over part of your debt to a later time but you build up more interest.

Everyone can't just restructure or we will be in Even worse shape next season with ridiculous cap figures to pay guys. Some cuts are going to have to be made, and we're going to have to eat it this season.

You basically said the same thing I said but in a simplier way. Thank you. Restructuring isn't that easy as it is made out to be. In the end, good players will have to take a PAY CUT ,not restructure, or be let go.

Would be nice to hve Wallace or Jennings cause we hve no one opposite Colston to take the #2 WR position. Moore will be back but he is not a #2 WR. Colston on the decline and stays hurt. We need a WR who can stretch a defense. Bring Wallace bk hme let him go to wrk with Brees. Would be good to see #17 bk in business.

Colston stays hurt?? I agree his best years are possibly behind him and we need someone like Bowe or Wallace desperately. But he's been fairly healthy the last two years. Broken collar bone is all i remember and some foot thing but he's been pretty consistent. I think 1 possibly two injury riddled seasons where he didn't have over 1000 yards.

Thanks to the contracts for Will Smith, Harper, Bunkely, Hawthorne, and the huge waste of space Ellis for so many years we have been moving backwards...while other teams slowly acquire young talent and get better, we got old worse and overpaid.

If this team tries to "make it work" with the same slew of players, ie if they bring back Smith, Harper and sign Shanle again, I see no hope and we can all go back to watching reruns of 2009 because that's as close as we will get to it again.

Making it work with the same slew of players isn't even an option. Chill out - there will be some cuts soon enough. :9:

Dude is going to demand some $$$'s no way he ends up here

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

We don't need super fast receivers, we need big possession type receivers. We need more guys like Colston. Here is why:

Drew's arm isn't what it was a few years ago. While he is great with the intermediary passes and the before snap reads, he still struggles with the long ball. Go back this past year and watch all of his long throws, almost every time the receiver has to wait or go back for the ball.

With that being said, somone like Wallace would be a waste. However, someone like Bowe would create a tandem with Colston that would be unstoppable for most defensive secondatires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom