Mike Wallace (1 Viewer)

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He is heading to FA, yes he may be expensive but he could be vital in stitching the field. Morgan might not stay healthy, Henderson is also heading to FA and obviously with Meachem gone. Wallace is arguably the fastest player in the NFC and a great WR. There are rumours the dolphins and the browns are looking at him.

No way would we be able to afford him, we need to put what money we do have towards defense. But I would love to have him.

I think Bowe is a more realistic option. He may take a pay cut to play here and with the caliber QB he has never had.

I would rather target a much cheaper free agent receiver like Brian Hartline from the phins. I think he would be a perfect fit here.

How Morgan got better as the year went on and we'll have Nick Toon coming back as well. I don't see us getting a WR in FA or the draft. Very possibly an undrafted guy though.

With all the money you guys are (hopefully) going to spend on D, there's no room. But with a QB like Brees, he could be huge.

He is going to the highest bidder and that team is going to have a bad offense. I'm thinking Cleveland or Cincy. I would love to see him play with Reggie, green ellis, and Dalton. Could really take over that division if they go all in for free agents. Then grab one of the ravens defenders to top it off.

Would be nice to hve Wallace or Jennings cause we hve no one opposite Colston to take the #2 WR position. Moore will be back but he is not a #2 WR. Colston on the decline and stays hurt. We need a WR who can stretch a defense. Bring Wallace bk hme let him go to wrk with Brees. Would be good to see #17 bk in business.

Wallace would be an outstanding FA pick, but it will not happen. Simply, no money to pay him what he will get and more importantly we have needs on defense that are much more pressing.
I also think Joe Morgan and Al Toon both have great upside and should be given a chance to compete this year.

It seems like people think we have a boat load of cap space to make all these moves. It can't be done and we need to focus money on defense. We can't afford Wallace or Bowe or Jennings. Those guys will command top salary on FA market no way around it. I will say that we could use a deep threat, but we need somebody that will be cheap but seasoned. I would think trying to bring moss into the fold would be an option. A better alternative would be a guy like ted ginn who can return punts and if need kickoffs. While he phased out in miami, he has made plays in the pros and wouldn't be I opposed to getting in to replace henderson and be a compliment to Morgan. I like morgan but that small sample size isn't enough just yet.

Would be nice to hve Wallace or Jennings cause we hve no one opposite Colston to take the #2 WR position. Moore will be back but he is not a #2 WR. Colston on the decline and stays hurt. We need a WR who can stretch a defense. Bring Wallace bk hme let him go to wrk with Brees. Would be good to see #17 bk in business.

The money it would take to sign him you can forget having even a decent LT to protect Drew's blindside and if he goes down all you need to do is look at the 2011 Colts and see what would happen here. It doesn't matter what WR you have if you don't have a healthy QB to throw it to him.

Bengals are looking for a WR. They are 40mil under the cap. Dolphins are in a similar situation with 35mil under the cap. We are 14-17mil over the cap. We might sign one or two cheap FA's, but nothing big. Even Spencer is reportedly asking for 8-10mil. a year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom