Mike Williams TD backing up into the endzone (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If he would have pointed at the defensive player, or made a gesture towards him they would have thrown the flag. Even thought the flag on Reggie was a little weak, he should not have pointed at him before he crossed the goal line.

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Isn't that considered "taunting"?

I guess it's only that if you're a Saints player. I recall Reggie Bush getting flags for things similar to that.
I assume you're talking about the play in the 2006 NFC title game.......the pointing directly at another player is what did it.

Not only unnecessary, but ill-advised........ the Saints didn't score the rest of the game after briefly getting some momentum following the score.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I assume you're talking about the play in the 2006 NFC title game.......the pointing directly at another player is what did it.

Not only unnecessary, but ill-advised........ the Saints didn't score the rest of the game after briefly getting some momentum following the score.
Actually I was thinking of the Redskins punt return he had. Can't remember if he pointed on that one or waved. I'm sure Mike Williams was talking ish as well when he ran backwards looking at us.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

I ran into Adewale Ogunleye at a gym I was working at about a year after that game and I asked him specifically about this and how they reacted to it. He said the defense was ultra ticked off.

We never scored another point in that game.

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
I ran into Adewale Ogunleye at a gym I was working at about a year after that game and I asked him specifically about this and how they reacted to it. He said the defense was ultra ticked off.

We never scored another point in that game.
It is very easy to chalk it up as a rookie mistake..... but I like feel that by late January in a conference title game, you're really not even a rookie anymore.

And the Sean Payton of 2006 vs. Sean Payton circa 2017 to present was much different in his tolerance of that sort of stuff. Probably why he and Joe Horn didn't have the best rapport.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I find it so laughable that grown men playing PRO FOOTBALL need a rule against Taunting!

smh
But you need to understand the overall IQ of the league. These are not the brightest bulbs in the pack. All you need to do, is comprehend why they go to college on football scholarships.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I find it so laughable that grown men playing PRO FOOTBALL need a rule against Taunting!

smh
Exactly! It's always impressive to me when any player makes a score or a great play and acts like they've been there before. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom