Mike Williams TD backing up into the endzone (1 Viewer)

If he would have pointed at the defensive player, or made a gesture towards him they would have thrown the flag. Even thought the flag on Reggie was a little weak, he should not have pointed at him before he crossed the goal line.

Isn't that considered "taunting"?

I guess it's only that if you're a Saints player. I recall Reggie Bush getting flags for things similar to that.

I assume you're talking about the play in the 2006 NFC title game.......the pointing directly at another player is what did it.

Not only unnecessary, but ill-advised........ the Saints didn't score the rest of the game after briefly getting some momentum following the score.

I assume you're talking about the play in the 2006 NFC title game.......the pointing directly at another player is what did it.

Not only unnecessary, but ill-advised........ the Saints didn't score the rest of the game after briefly getting some momentum following the score.
Actually I was thinking of the Redskins punt return he had. Can't remember if he pointed on that one or waved. I'm sure Mike Williams was talking ish as well when he ran backwards looking at us.

I ran into Adewale Ogunleye at a gym I was working at about a year after that game and I asked him specifically about this and how they reacted to it. He said the defense was ultra ticked off.

We never scored another point in that game.

I ran into Adewale Ogunleye at a gym I was working at about a year after that game and I asked him specifically about this and how they reacted to it. He said the defense was ultra ticked off.

We never scored another point in that game.

It is very easy to chalk it up as a rookie mistake..... but I like feel that by late January in a conference title game, you're really not even a rookie anymore.

And the Sean Payton of 2006 vs. Sean Payton circa 2017 to present was much different in his tolerance of that sort of stuff. Probably why he and Joe Horn didn't have the best rapport.

I find it so laughable that grown men playing PRO FOOTBALL need a rule against Taunting!

smh
But you need to understand the overall IQ of the league. These are not the brightest bulbs in the pack. All you need to do, is comprehend why they go to college on football scholarships.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom