Mikee-GA's week 3 Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

mmule

Mikee-GA is back!
Reaction score
Third week in row and I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

Criteria: W/L. Dominance. Quality of opponent...in that order
So the 3-0 teams come first (you have to at least have the power to beat the teams on your schedule), then dominance, then quality of opponents. Not perfect, but neither is anyone else's.

Interesting week 3. Anything can happen but it looks like the extremes are starting to take shape. A lot of really good, close games that are extremely entertaining (Bears-Seahawks, Steelers-Bengals, Vikes-9ers), but, unfortunately, don't help me ranking the teams much. I have come to the realization that we'll be pulling for the Cowboys at least 4 more times this year. Ick!

Here goes...

Rank. Team. (LW) Note
3-0's
1. Saints. (1) Another 20 point win, lots of running, perfect D, against an experienced QB.
2. Vikings. (2) Favre's nauseating magic really does exist. Awesome, fun game.
3. Colts. (6) Beat up on the NFC champs, and looked good doing it.
4. Jets. (4) Remind me a little of the 85 Bears.
5. Giants. (7) Beat another cruddy team. Gave up 86 yards total offense. WOW!
6. Ravens. (8) Dominated a bad team, finally.
7. Broncos. (9) Dominant win vs. da Raiduhs. Top Defense in the NFL.

2-1's
8. 49ers (5) Easily could be 3-0 but for the aforementioned Favre magic. Fun game.
9. Eagles. (12) Dominant vs 0-3 teams. Kolb looked really good.
10. Bears. (10) Another fun game against the ailing Seahawks & their cruddy kicker per Mora Jr.
11. Bengals. (14) Come-from-behind win against the champs. 1st home win vs. Pit in many yrs.
12. Patriots. (16) A nice balanced win vs. a good Falcon team.
13. Falcons. (3) They modestly beat 2 0-3 teams and lost to a no-playoff team.
14. Packers. (15) St. Louis hung for a little while.
15. Chargers. (19) Pulled away in the 4th. They will get beat a lot if they keep this up.
16. Cowboys. (20) Wins vs Tampa Bay and Carolina...double-yawn. Looked cruddy in the 1st half.

1-2's
17. Steelers. (11) They've only beaten Tennessee, and the Titans are not that great.
18. Cardinals. (13) Look at where the Superbowl participants are...WOW!
19. Jaguars. (26) They may win a few in the AFC South this year.
20. Bills. (18) Hung in there with the Saints. Can't dock them too much for that. Where's T.O.?
21. Seahawks. (21) Mare has ticked off yet another coach. Why is he still working?
22. Lions. (28) You knew it would come...they'll get a few more. Stafford looked comfortable.
23. Texans. (17) They have no Defense but Mario was still the right choice. Mmm-hmm. Yeah.
24. Raiders. (22) They were repugnant vs. Broncs but they still should be 2-1.
25. Redskins. (23) A lot of people called this one. Zorn is gone, maybe very very soon.

0-3's
26. Titans. (24) Were ahead and then folded in the end...Collins 0 for his last 13
27. Dolphins. (25) The other Chad takes over. Has the Henne era begun?
28. Panthers. (27) They've had a murderous schedule to start the year. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
29. Rams (32) . The other teams were so bad these guys actually moved up!
30. Chiefs. (29) Clobbered on the road in all facets. Made Kolb look like Manning.
31. Browns. (30) The QBs are being totally mismanaged, and they're bad everywhere else.
32. Bucs. (31) They are so bad even Saints fans are laughing. Make the 08 Lions look good. Josh = Billy Joe.

Just for fun...Playoffs if the season ended today. No idea what the seeds would be.
NFC: Giants, Vikes, Saints, 49ers. WC: Packers/Falcons (Eagles/Bears beat AFC teams)
AFC: Jets, Ravens, Colts, Broncos. WC: Chargers, & either Bengals or Patriots

Surprise surprise you have us 1st! :)

I actually think the Vikes are playing better ball than us right now. But that will change. We are going to get better and better.

Well, they crushed the Browns, beat the Lions (not as handily as us), and beat the 9ers on a miracle play. My main problem was where to put the Colts, #3, 2, or 1. I dock them for the close game against the Jags.

You have the Vikings highly overrated. I pay slot of attention to them because my gf is from minnesota and is a Vikings fan. They are winning but not playing well. They've been outplayed by two bad teams two weeks in a row.

Personally I would have the Ravens and Hiants higher.

I actually think the Vikes are playing better ball than us right now. But that will change. We are going to get better and better.

We've played a common opponent in Detroit and we played better against them than Minny did. They barely beat a 2-1 team while we dominated a 2-1 team. In the other game, we played well against a 2-1 and they crushed a 0-3. I'd say we've been more impressive.

We've played a common opponent in Detroit and we played better against them than Minny did. They barely beat a 2-1 team while we dominated a 2-1 team. In the other game, we played well against a 2-1 and they crushed a 0-3. I'd say we've been more impressive.

I could have easily put the Vikes 3rd and the Colts 2nd. Judgement call there. Colts had that 2 pointer with Jax and I don't think they're as good as SF. Giants got fat on TB last week, they moved up but not much.

Ravens have beaten SD but let KC hang around for 55 minutes before they scored 2 quick TDs at the end. We can't be sure how good SD is, I watched their game with the Raiders and thought the Raiders were robbed.

Having the Giants 5th invalidates your list. Look at any credible listing on ESPN, Fox, CBS, etc and you won't have anyone listing them any lower than #3.

I have the Giants #1 in my ranking with the Saints #2.

Having the Giants 5th invalidates your list.

I have the Giants #1 in my ranking with the Saints #2.

Having the Giants 1st invalidates your list. I mean, since we're all authorities on someone else's opinion.

Vikes? right now they're fine, but favre won't last the year - he really started tanking toward the end of last year and he's a year older
and the strategy to use AP to take pressure off of favre will wear down AP (whether he has nike lizard skin or not)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom