Miles to Houston? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
It would certainly be an ideal fit for all parties, so why not make the move?

Fertitta, an entrepreneur who owns the restaurant corporation Landry's Inc. and is the host of a CNBC reality television show called "Billion Dollar Buyer," also discussed Houston's pending search to replace Herman. Asked about former LSU coach Les Miles, Fertitta said Miles is "on a list. I think that tells you right there the quality of coaches that would like to come to the University of Houston."

When asked about whether he would hire Art Briles, who was fired earlier this year amid the sexual assault scandal at Baylor, Fertitta said, "I wish that we could get more clarity on what has happened out there [at Baylor]."

Houston board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta was critical of the Big 12, in the wake of Texas hiring Tom Herman

Would be amusing if we had landed Herman.

But seriously, I just don't want Miles to coach anywhere in the SEC.

Has his star really diminished that much?

There just aren't any Power Five jobs open at the moment that fit. Oregon is looking for a big splash hire, Purdue is waiting on PJ Fleck, and Baylor is still too toxic, and may technically slot behind Houston as an attractive place to work right now. I mean, at least Houston has a 2017 recruiting class. Baylor has literally one player coming in.

I hope miles gets that job. I know there is interest from Houston so I expect that there will be a formal interview soon.

The obvious choice for that job is Applewhite though.

I disagree, they are built more on their offensive prowess, I think Purdue is more of his style.

Exactly what I was thinking, Purdue seems like a good fit for him. Also, I think Notre Dame would be a good fit if it came open. A high character guy for that kinda program. But not sure if they would want a re-thread coach coming off a firing.

It'll be hard for Houston fans to watch a Miles offense after a Herman one.

There just aren't any Power Five jobs open at the moment that fit. Oregon is looking for a big splash hire, Purdue is waiting on PJ Fleck, and Baylor is still too toxic, and may technically slot behind Houston as an attractive place to work right now. I mean, at least Houston has a 2017 recruiting class. Baylor has literally one player coming in.

I think Oreg Is holding out for Kelly. I doubt he survives the 49ers and no team will take a chance on a coach with one win the previous season. The modern Rich Kotite will return to college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom