Milestone Reached - 4,000 Dead Americans in Iraq. (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
I'm glad we're taking that fight to L Kayda no matter how many American lives it costs. Aren't you? Aren't you glad that Saddam bin Laden has been dispatched and hung? Isn't it great that we are sacrificing our own in order to nation build which we really weren't planning to do?

Go us!

TPS

I guess the thinking is better 4000 willing soldiers spread out over 5 years than 4000 civilians in 2 hours.

I'm glad we're taking that fight to L Kayda no matter how many American lives it costs. Aren't you? Aren't you glad that Saddam bin Laden has been dispatched and hung? Isn't it great that we are sacrificing our own in order to nation build which we really weren't planning to do?

Go us!

TPS

Nation building is misdirection. It is not the prime objective.

It's further down the list of priority so it will be allowed to generally flounder with each incremental advance loudly hailed.

>>I guess the thinking is better 4000 willing soldiers spread out over 5 years than 4000 civilians in 2 hours.

Right. Because after Iraq sent their terrorists to America with dirty bombs and box cutters and hijacked our planes flying them into some of our iconoclastic edifii, it was time to get even. :9:

TPS

I guess the thinking is better 4000 willing soldiers spread out over 5 years than 4000 civilians in 2 hours.

What are you talking about?

He's talking about Iraq, not 9/11.

There's no connection, remember?

I just don't understand why we're about to elect Saddam's nephew Barak to be our president? His cousin Osama is still a declared enemy.

/sarcasm off

except that the terrorist werent from Iraq.......that's like Bin Laden saying die America then bombing Canada or Mexico. just because it's close 2 the U.S. and the citizens look alike doesnt make it right...

say it with me people "Bushes Love Oil" they are getting rich right now.....

The real number is closer to 5,100.

The other 1,100 or so is military contractor personnel. Just because this administration chooses to fight this war with contractors doesn't mean that they don't count when they die in theater doing jobs for the military.

World Tribune Death toll for U.S. contractors in Iraq passes 1,000

They shouldn't be able to avoid the political and social consequences of draft by using contractors and then not include them in the death toll, IMO. They are Americans killed in the prosecution of this war.

Bush's thought pattern
4000 dead Americans<$400,000,000 more dollars in my bank account

Whoa, stop the witch hunt. I know there's no connection. I just think that's the admin rationalization from back in '03 and what was spoon fed to the masses.

The real number is closer to 5,100.

The other 1,100 or so is military contractor personnel. Just because this administration chooses to fight this war with contractors doesn't mean that they don't count when they die in theater doing jobs for the military.

World Tribune Death toll for U.S. contractors in Iraq passes 1,000

They shouldn't be able to avoid the political and social consequences of draft by using contractors and then not include them in the death toll, IMO. They are Americans killed in the prosecution of this war.

The "real number" you say? :mwink:

US Department of Defense
Operation Iraqi Freedom
March 19, 2003 - March 1, 2008

3,230 Hostile
735 Non-hostile

http://siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil/personnel/CASUALTY/oif-deaths-total.pdf

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom