Militia members arrested in alleged mosque attack plot (1 Viewer)

Dude seems to have lost it.

Any day now he's going to tell one of his rallies that the election is being stolen and that it's time to stand up and take back the country by whatever means is necessary.

Will that land him in jail and maybe get hundreds of people killed?

Calling one of our counselors....

At what point does inciting violence become a crime? He's already told his supporters to beat up protestors at his rallies, isn't that technically a crime?

You can oppose whatever you want, it's the advocating violently overthrowing the government or causing harm to others that gets your "militia" placed on that list.

There isn't anything in that document that says advocating violent overthrow of the government or causing harm to others determines if you end up on this list or not. What these people were doing is wrong but the spelled out reasons for being on the list could include just about any conservative.

Surely less scary than the one some people are using to define Islamic terrorist.

I haven't read what defines an Islamic terrorist by "some people" but this is a memo by the Department of Homeland Security. So, not really the same thing.

Except it was only a hypothetical discussion, and it never actually happened. Even if they had carried out what was discussed, it was hardly an "incitement to violence" when what was suggested was merely showing up at a rally wearing a Planned Parenthood T-shirt.

Ridiculous trying to draw a parallel between that and Trump calling for his supporters to beat the hell out of protestors from the podium.

Except it was only a hypothetical discussion, and it never actually happened. Even if they had carried out what was discussed, it was hardly an "incitement to violence" when what was suggested was merely showing up at a rally wearing a Planned Parenthood T-shirt.

Ridiculous trying to draw a parallel between that and Trump calling for his supporters to beat the hell out of protestors from the podium.

Ahhh, the hypothetical discussion angle. Well played.

Merely showing up with tshirts. :9:

So why did he step down? And it never happened because the video was leaked. But hey, whatever helps you sleep better a night. Go do a little google searching on this topic.

A more up to date article.

LIVE UPDATES: 3 men charged in Garden City bomb plot

UPDATE-- Sunday, 10/17 (3:30 p.m.): Prosecutors say the three men accused of plotting to detonate truck bombs around a small apartment complex were about 120 Somali residents live, do not yet have attorneys.

CBS News reports the men: Curtis Allen, Patrick Stein and Gary Wright, also talked about attacking some area churches that have helped settle refugees and helped them land jobs at Tyson
Foods.

Saturday, Garden City Police Chief Michael Utz told concerned Muslims gathered for a briefing that they are "safe in Garden City and safe in the Untied States of America."

Mada Jama, a Somalian who works at Tyson Foods says he's always felt welcomed in Garden City.

"I see white people at Tyson, at the gas station, everywhere, and everyone is my friend," he said. "I don't know what's going on here."

Former Garden City Mayor and candidate for state senate, John Doll, said he was told he was one of the targets discussed by the three men accused in the plot.

"This is terrible, because these people they targeted are great people; they work hard, pay taxes, obey the laws," he said. "Why would anyone want to hurt them?"

Glad to see the local government/police reaching out to the Somali's. Nice to feel welcomed and safe.

Family of Curtis Allen shocked by arrest in bomb plot

Interview with one suspect's twin brother. The difference is the twin that was arrested ended up serving in the military longer and "came back different" from Iraq.

Out of high school, Kevin says he and Curtis went into the military. After Kevin completed his service, he says Curtis continued his military career with the National Guard.

"He went over and served in Iraq, and then when he came back, it was a little different," Kevin says.

He described Curtis, living near Liberal, as "kind of a loner."

"I have to call him to talk to him, stuff like that," Kevin says.

He says Curtis is not married and does not have any children.

While he says he can't explain nor defend the accusations against Curtis, Kevin says his brother suffered from PTSD and receives disability benefits from his military service. Growing up, Kevin says Curtis also suffered from head injuries.

"I'm not saying that any of this justifies what they're accused of doing, but, I mean, you know, I have some friends in the military that suffer from PTSD. And it seems like sometimes they have anger issued and they have trouble processing their thoughts," Kevin says.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom