Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr and your safety. (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
A sheriff in Wisconsin has raised some eyebrows with a blunt radio ad that advises residents to receive gun safety training if they choose to own a firearm.

In the ad, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says, “With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back, but are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?”

On Fox and Friends this morning, Clarke explained his reasons behind the message, saying there has been a “scaling back of public safety resources” in recent years. He said last year he had to lay off 42 of his deputies, while the Milwaukee city police department furloughed 1,500 of its officers three days each.

INTERVIEW: Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. Criticized for Telling Residents to Take Gun Safety Training in the Wake of Police Layoffs | Fox News Insider

I heard about this on a local radio show today. Some have said they were concerned that it would invoke vigilantism. What is your take on the sheriffs PSA.

I hate to by cynical, but my take is that it is a scare tactic to get more money for his department.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom