Milwaukee Police shooting sparks violent Protests (1 Viewer)

Then who should fund them? The same poor communities who don't have money and resources to do so?

You have a very egotistical view of American Society. One that lies in stark contrast to the very basic principles on which this country was founded on and which we have been struggling and yearning to achieve since its founding.

If torrential rains and flood waters come and catch you off guard and flood you out of your house and trap you on your roof, do you want the government and your fellow citizens to tell you it's your life, your house, your property, figure it out? Or do you want and need their help?

Pretty much what happened to me 11 years ago. Luckily we had insurance.

It's amusing that this "media source" that makes no attempt to hide being Putin's international propaganda vehicle, and which has praised David Duke to the moon and flown him to Russia to discuss how important preserving white Russian heritage is to saving the European genome, and having prominent anchors who are the primary contributors and editors to neo-Nazi publications, has become the darling of the far right.

Go figure, the far right in bed with Putin and neo-Nazis. Reagan would puke on y'all if he were alive.

You can discredit that source but they didnt make up what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Schools are funded and I personally believe this statement is horrible. The private sector does a lot better job at teaching with less money than the Gov.
2. School meals are funded. My sister is a school teacher and most in her school eat two meals a day at school. We have a small town near me that every child eats for free two meals a day because the city is so poor.
3. After school activities, have you noticed all the things that are continuously going on at schools after hours. Football, Baseball, wrestling, basketball, Science club, Satan club, the list goes on.
4. Health care. we have Obama care now.
5. safe community. Ok great, I'm all for this one. but little Billy who is under privileged, crappy parents, low income, goes and robs the local store. He then gets shot during the process by the police. Then we burn the city down.

Money, rarely solves social problems. But we are just going to keep throwing money at it.

My grandson is starting Pre-k this week. Pre-k, as in the year before the year before FIRST grade. Because just starting first grade was not enough. We needed Kindergarten and that was going to solve the problem. Nope, now we need Pre-k and things will finally be good. Oh wait, our poor kids,are still not getting what they need. Now we are pushing for universal preschool.

Free mea ok S are there even during the summer when she hooligans is out.

My grandson is starting Pre-k this week. Pre-k, as in the year before the year before FIRST grade. Because just starting first grade was not enough. We needed Kindergarten and that was going to solve the problem. Nope, now we need Pre-k and things will finally be good. Oh wait, our poor kids,are still not getting what they need. Now we are pushing for universal preschool.

Free mea ok S are there even during the summer when she hooligans is out.

I'm 33 years old and both Pre-K and Kindergarten were around when I was in school.

I'm 48 and was in a preschool starting at 4. As far as I know preschool predates day care even.

Wow, I thought about 3/4 of kids attended preschool in the US, but boy was I wrong. Maybe it's a rural/poor vs urban/middle-upper-class thing.

We're not so far behind Poland and Mexico that we can't catch up.

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_cfa.asp

Figure 6. Percentage of 3- to 4-year-old children enrolled in school, by OECD country: 2013
figure-cfa-6.gif

I'm 33 years old and both Pre-K and Kindergarten were around when I was in school.

Yeah, someone is very late to that party.

K, and Pre-K programs do two things. Get kids a head start on their education (the problem is that there is a point where kids just don't care or aren't made to care down the road). And it's state paid for child care during the main part of the work week. It allows us to work earlier.

I don't think all "grandparents" (unless they have unfortunately become the primary child bearer) understand the stresses that go into parenting with two bread winners in the house and no one to really watch the kids. (or single parents for that matter).

Thank God for early schooling and before/after care programs. And most of those aftercare programs have "scholarships" for low income people.

it still doesn't replace the reinforcement at home though. Our youngest (10 yrs old) goes to after care, because we didn't want her coming home by herself and being alone in the house for 30-60min until her older brother got home. So, she's in after care. They get to play more (so she's in pretty good shape), they get a snack, some computer time, and some homework time / reading time. However, she never gets her homework done there. I have to sit with her for at least an hour to finish all of her math and other homework. Then it's dinner, a few minutes of fun, and bed.

If I didn't spend that hour with her, she'd be failing, I'm sure of it. Now, when I was her age, I'd probably be fine without the parental help, but I got more of that help at a younger age than she did (she didn't always live with us.. long story).

That is how kids fall behind, in my opinion.

Wow, I thought about 3/4 of kids attended preschool in the US, but boy was I wrong. Maybe it's a rural/poor vs urban/middle-upper-class thing.

We're not so far behind Poland and Mexico that we can't catch up.

The Condition of Education - Participation in Education - Preprimary - Preschool and Kindergarten Enrollment - Indicator May (2016)

Figure 6. Percentage of 3- to 4-year-old children enrolled in school, by OECD country: 2013
figure-cfa-6.gif

It would be useful to compare that to children that age home schooled or having a parent staying home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom