Milwaukee Police shooting sparks violent Protests (2 Viewers)

So you've never outright sided with the civilian prior to video evidence, or outright called police liars if the official statement doesn't meet your narrative?

Your post was based on your perception of my previous posts and not at all what you quoted.

And no. When the assailant is brandishing a fire arm I have not sided with them. Please find evidence that I have.

Brandishing a gun is very different from unarmed people "reaching for a waistline" , fleeing a scene in a car, or a kid holding a BB gun.

Those that are prone to violence will find any excuse to turn to it. Bad cops or bad people, either way and it seems that violence in general is becoming much more commonplace. To me, that only says things will get much worse before, or IF they get better.

it's not though, overall violence continues to fall
reporting on violence does not howver

~!

shouldn't the police be held to a different (more responsible) standard?

I think cops are held to high standards. I think some black people tend to hold other black people to very low standards.

Whatever though, the EE is a cesspool. Offseason boredom is the only reason I come back, and thankfully the offseason is almost over. Geaux Saints! :9:

Wisconsin National Guard Activated in Wake of Milwaukee Violence - ABC News

"Following a request from Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, and after discussions with Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and Adjutant General Donald Dunbar I have activated the Wisconsin National Guard to be in a position to aid local law enforcement upon request," Gov. Scott Walker said in a statement Sunday.

they were shooting at firefighters who were putting out burning businesses.

at some point the national guard will have a kent state moment and open fire.

cnn said:
The handgun he carried was stolen during a burglary in nearby Waukesha in March, according to police.

So they are saying that he didn't pass his background check.

or a kid holding a BB gun.

I understand a kid "holding" a BB gun shouldn't be a legitimate reason to shoot and kill a kid but holding a "gun" is holding a gun...I know u know how much a BB guns look like a legit pistol or rifle nowadays...just don't do it, drop the ****....besides a BB gun kills....ask my parents who had to bury their first born child because of one

I understand a kid "holding" a BB gun shouldn't be a legitimate reason to shoot and kill a kid but holding a "gun" is holding a gun...I know u know how much a BB guns look like a legit pistol or rifle nowadays...just don't do it, drop the ****....besides a BB gun kills....ask my parents who had to bury their first born child because of one

The tactic or lack of tactic of how it happened was widely criticized. you can read much of the criticisms summed up here:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/2...y-errors-by-police-then-a-fatal-one.html?_r=0

I'm very sorry about your sibling.

I felt like I made a reasonable post in this thread. I don't know why y'all have your panties in a wad. If you have an objection to any of my previous posts please quote them in the appropriate thread and let's not hijack this one.

Dr. King would disagree with you.

As has been offered many times in threads like these, whatever success civil rights had was probably due to a combination of Dr king AND Brother Malcolm. People heeded Dr king because they were scared of NoI

Again, I'm not advocating for violence, I'm explaining what happens when the peaceful protests are ignored (or dogged or water cannons or chased onto some lady's lawn)

As has been offered many times in threads like these, whatever success civil rights had was probably due to a combination of Dr king AND Brother Malcolm. People heeded Dr king because they were scared of NoI

Again, I'm not advocating for violence, I'm explaining what happens when the peaceful protests are ignored (or dogged or water cannons or chased onto some lady's lawn)

I don't think that is anywhere close to being historically accurate.

What political pressure did Malcolm apply nationally?

I don't see that they have released the video of the shooting. If the guy was brandishing his stolen firearm, you cannot blame police for protecting themselves. I will reserve further comment until I see the video of the shooting.

I think that is exactly what I just did.

No, what you just did was reserve further comment until some evidence hopefully comes out that shows he was not armed and you can once again jump on police.

If you like, I can link many many threads started by you that show you siding against police when there is absolutely no information or evidence to back up it up.

But for some "strange" reason you want to reserve comment on this story. :scratch:

Why do we pretend these incidents happen in a vaccum?

The incident that occurrs immediately before a protest is always just one of a number of incidents that cause a community to become aggitated.

Michael Brown was a criminal, but we learned after that there were serious problems with racism in the ferrguson police department. We wouldn't have found that out if the people hadn't rioted.

First I want to say, my comments are to understand the riots, not to justify them. These violent actions are unjustifiable.

Second I wonder if on some level the riots are a result in a revolt against leadership that does not represent the view of the community. Consider Milwaukee's history of violent aggressive policing and the unpopularity of Sheriff David Clarke. Lately we have seen his face on TV time and again. I understand that he has become highly unpopular in the poor black community. On various social media formats I follow a handful of prominent black social justice advocates and among their followers there is a lot of vitriol aimed at Sheriff David Clarke. I think these riots are more the result of a pot finally boiling over than a knee jerk reaction to an individual shooting.

It was less than a year ago that Sheriff Clarke said there is no police brutality in America, and that is no racism in the heart of any officer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ies-police-brutality-racism-article-1.2413036

And less than 2 years ago Salon predicted this could happen. Specifically in Milwaukee.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/23/it_may_out_ferguson_ferguson_why_milwaukees_police_violence_will_horrify_you/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom