Mind boggling stat about Saints Wrs last night (1 Viewer)

I think that aspect of his game is undervalued but he had key runs to keep the chains moving.

He's a big guy but he can move & scoot when he has to.
He looks like he's about to trip over his own feet most of the time. The only pretty thing about him is those lasers he throws when he can set his feet.

He throws some pretty bad passes too but ... 4-2!

I really don't think Seattle's defense is as bad as it's being made out to be, honestly. Look at their schedule, there's some heavy-hitters in there. AJ Brown/Julio Jones/Derrick Henry, Justin Jefferson/Adam Thielen, Deebo Samuel/Kittle (+Division game), Kupp/Woods/Jackson/Jefferson. Those guys (and coaches, in McVay's case) are going to get theirs. Just like DK did tonight (even if it was OPI).

I think those number are just slightly skewed in the same way the Saints numbers are defensively (Don't come at me, just stating that the Saint's haven't exactly played explosive offenses. You could argue that Carolina and NY were, but we all saw the result of those games.). They're probably a bit better than the numbers say they are. That said, I haven't watch any Seahawks games since we played them last (and was immediately reminded why. That entire team lack class.), so I'm just going by stats.
That will be put to the test next week.

The offense was putrid. Just not used to seeing a Sean Payton offense play that poorly. And it was almost entirely due to the WRs either not getting open or not catching the ball when they did get open.
Don't forget the Les Miles "Well, that run up the middle play didn't work, Let's Do It AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN..."

Doesn't anyone consider the weather conditions last night as a factor for the passing game? It constantly rained through the entire game. Sometimes it was pouring. THAT has to come into play. The game plan going into this game was to RUN THE BALL because of the weather. Haters will be haters. Those are the same people that blasted Winston before the season began about his interception ratio. Now that that can't be addressed, they need to complain about something else.

Look, every game is different and the elements of each game has to be factored in for the outcome of the game. The Saints are 4-2, should be 5-1, but sh*t happens. This team is constantly getting better each week. The kicker last night did a phenomenal job in those wet conditions. Gilikin was great again. The defense, with the exception of one play was outstanding. The Saints are still getting players back from IR which will make this team even better.

When Thomas comes back, that will make our offense unstoppable. Our second and third receivers will stand out better because they will not have the #1 CB on them anymore, which will create better passing zones. CGM will make this receiving corp that much better. Callaway will be a true #2 receiver, which is what he really is. And that will open up the lanes for the TE and Kamara.

Oyemata coming back will only help a defense that has already been lights out most of the year. Even if this team were to go 14-3, the haters will still be out there complaining about something. Please just enjoy the win.

It will take a lot more than MT to make this offense unstoppable. But better? Certainly.

Can we please end the Kevin white experiment? Dude keeps dropping balls that are where they should be. There has to be better FA WRs.

I don't know that I would agree with that. The first pass was a difficult catch "in his first game", and the second one wasn't catchable. But, he still had a positive impact. I did see him draw over the db leaving the underneath receiver wide open. Without Harris, it's certainly good to have someone with his speed.

Not getting separation makes them backups. MT is the slowest of the group and gets the most separation. What bothers me is that MT hasn't rubbed off on anyone. I'm sure they see his work yet, nobody else matches it. It's sad to be good enough to be an NFL wide receiver but suck amongst your peers. We shouldn't have to hope to get help at that position when you get paid millions to at least get open every now and again. Calloway is good. Harris is good, Smith is good, But as a group they SUCK. Henderson was good and fast. Meachum was decent and fast. Moore was slow but had the best hands on the team. Colston was slow but earned the right to be #1 by getting open and making plays. They were fantastic as a group.

Doesn't anyone consider the weather conditions last night as a factor for the passing game? It constantly rained through the entire game. Sometimes it was pouring. THAT has to come into play. The game plan going into this game was to RUN THE BALL because of the weather. Haters will be haters. Those are the same people that blasted Winston before the season began about his interception ratio. Now that that can't be addressed, they need to complain about something else.

Look, every game is different and the elements of each game has to be factored in for the outcome of the game. The Saints are 4-2, should be 5-1, but sh*t happens. This team is constantly getting better each week. The kicker last night did a phenomenal job in those wet conditions. Gilikin was great again. The defense, with the exception of one play was outstanding. The Saints are still getting players back from IR which will make this team even better.

When Thomas comes back, that will make our offense unstoppable. Our second and third receivers will stand out better because they will not have the #1 CB on them anymore, which will create better passing zones. CGM will make this receiving corp that much better. Callaway will be a true #2 receiver, which is what he really is. And that will open up the lanes for the TE and Kamara.

Oyemata coming back will only help a defense that has already been lights out most of the year. Even if this team were to go 14-3, the haters will still be out there complaining about something. Please just enjoy the win.

Gettin' all Milli Vanilli with it, huh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom