Mingo on nfl am (1 Viewer)

Mingo has a higher ceiling than Aldon IMO. Aldon is not that good without Justin Smith. He is bad against the run, and had 0 sacks in 6 games (including SuperBowl) after Justin was injured. He even went against the Cardinals pair of worst OTs in the league and did not get a single sack.

I think he is Overrated.i just don't see the Aldon smith in him

Aldon Smith did not see Aldon Smith in himself prior to going to the Niners. His last year at Missouri, he only had three sacks. Some of the same things being said about Mingo right now were being said about Smith. When the Niners took him at number seven, a lot of people called it a reach and a bad pick; now they are wishing that they had an Aldon Smith of their own!

I think the comparisons are tough. I mean you could just as easily compare Mingo with Aaron Maybin...but Aldon Smith is an especially tough comparison, imo, because Smith is more of a power rusher, he doesn't have super-elite speed off the edge. But he gets to the QB.

I like the kid from Oregon, Dion Jordan more than Mingo. I think he's going to be more productive in the NFL. He's got a bigger body and he's more fluid in the hips from what I've seen. I could see the Saints trading down 10 spots or so, and picking up Jordan.

@NFLDraftInsider: What might push Barkevious Mingo out top 10: Trouble shedding run blocks-Production: 13 Gs-4.5 sacks/38 tackles-2.92 tkls per/.35 sacks per game
people who say this never saw him play. Mingo had no issues with either of the bookend tackles at TAMU.

people who say this never saw him play. Mingo had no issues with either of the bookend tackles at TAMU.

Please rewatch tape! Another problem is missing tackles.

Still a potentially great player but not a locl for top 10.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in for the name. Mingo like candy.

Luckily, the coaches and Loomis aren't so easily amused as I am.

Please rewatch tape! Another problem is missing tackles.

Still a potentially great player but not a locl for top 10.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Please do and you'll see Mingo and Sam control A&M tackles all day playing contain on Manziel.

I think it's highly probable that Mingo falls to us if scouts think he isn't a good fit in the 4-3. Not many 3-4 teams that needs OLB are picking ahead of us.

I doubt he goes top 5 (too much risk IMO), then we would only have to worry about the Cards, Jets, and Chargers. Arizona and Chargers have more pressing needs (OT, and they should be able to get a good one). The Jets could take him but for some reason, Rex Ryan hasn't picked a rush backer in the previous years (and it seems that every year, "experts" predict he will address it but he never does). So IMO, if he falls past the Jets, and no one jumps in front of us, Mingo should be available. At least Mingo and/or Jordan.

they had him at 230 lbs playing as a 4-3 defensive end with his hand in the dirt on the STRONGSIDE! if this kid would have been at georgia in their 3-4 playing weakside olb he would have rakced up 15 sacks this year, goodjob les miles, put a blazingly fast olb in a 4-3 as an end on the strongside having to shed more than one block, smart...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom