Minkah Fitzpatrick want out of Miami?? (1 Viewer)

Listening on the radio that the Cowboys are all over this. I’m not sure what they are willing to give but they made it sound like Dallas is pressing hard to make it work.

I guess Stephen Jones doesn't think so. Cowboys don't have a 1st, having already spent it on Amari Cooper. And it doesn't look like their 2nd is going to be a high pick either. I'd be surprised if they can pull that off, since the Dolphins obviously won't want cast-off players like Sean Lee.

The Cooper 1st was this past draft wasn’t it? I think they have a 1 in the next draft. Hope we can get him tho.

Send the first rounder. No offense to PRob or PJ, but Fitz becomes an elite slot CB at a bargain basement price which makes some salary room to help sign an outside CB (Apple or someone else) for next year

PRob or crawly is cut if we bring in Fitz. While he’s a safety he would be more of a slot cb for us and we can truly keep our 3 safety look.

I guess Stephen Jones doesn't think so. Cowboys don't have a 1st, having already spent it on Amari Cooper. And it doesn't look like their 2nd is going to be a high pick either. I'd be surprised if they can pull that off, since the Dolphins obviously won't want cast-off players like Sean Lee.

Cowboys used their 2019 1st round pick to get Amari Cooper. They still have a 2020 1st rounder.

I would happily give up our first round pick for Fitzpatrick. The Texans targeted PJ Williams. On the Marcus Williams interception PJ is beat and if he doesn't make that play it's going to the house

Hmmm. A very young player with an excellent track record whose abilities correspond to a weakness in the Saints. Rookie contracts expiring. Brees aging. Window closing.

I can't believe I am typing this, but offer a 1st. It's actually much more future oriented than is the usual case.

Hmmm. A very young player with an excellent track record whose abilities correspond to a weakness in the Saints. Rookie contracts expiring. Brees aging. Window closing.

I can't believe I am typing this, but offer a 1st. It's actually much more future oriented than is the usual case.

Same.

Two reasons: 1. You’re not likely to get a better player around 30-32 and 2. The Fins will already be on the hook (no pun intended) for his signing bonus. His cap hit will be very small.

If we believe he could come right in and start at free safety, I would trade Marcus Williams and a 2nd rounder for him. I know Minkah hasn’t quite lived up to expectations like Marcus with us thus far. He’s got more talent than Marcus though IMO. The Dolphins get back a young safety to replace him that has talent. They also get a 2nd round pick to help with the rebuild.

Let’s trade for him !!! He’s exactly what we need !!!! Let’s do it now. We have a good relationship with Miami obviously so why not trade for him ?
I don't maybe because the Saints have somewhere around $600k cap space left for this season?

and I know Loomis can magically shift some contracts around, but if we add him that's just another contract to take on, and how will he be able to re-sign/extend Kamara, Ramcyk, and Lattimore all next off-season?

Also early reports are that the Dolphins asking price is apparently pretty outrageous. Multiple 1st rounders minimum.

For anyone who gets that this gentleman isn’t worth a first round pick, let me tell you you are nuts.

I saw this Kid first hand as I live in Tuscaloosa. When he was here, he was easily the best player on the field every single week.

I would give them a first round pick before New England does.

This guy puts our defense in the top five. Instantly. He can literally do everything very well. No question.

Last edited:
For anyone who gets that this gentleman is worth a first round pick, let me tell you you are nuts.

I saw this Clair first him as I live in Tuscaloosa. When he was here, he was easily the best player on the field every single week.

I would give them a first round pick before New England does.

This guy puts our defense in the top five. Instantly. He can literally do everything very well. No question.
I agree. He will also be the smartest defender on the field. Very instinctive and athletic.

This is a no brainer in my opinion!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom