Minkah Fitzpatrick want out of Miami?? (1 Viewer)

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
There’s definitely a market - which means demand and competition, which usually means a higher price.

Didn't need to pretty it up more than it already is. A early first round draft pick that has lived up to his draft status, at a position of need around the league in today's NFL... who's young and dirt cheap for the next 4 years? Knowing what teams "know" about Minkah right now... if he was coming out in next year's draft, he'd easily be a top 5 pick and in the discussion for #1 if not for a few QB needy teams.

Players like that don't become available this early in their career unless there's a problem. What make this rare is that there isn't a problem with the player, just the team that drafted him.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Calling him a 'Top 5' pick is pushing it a bit, I think. He has definite value, but he's not in that stratosphere.

Dart

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Calling him a 'Top 5' pick is pushing it a bit, I think. He has definite value, but he's not in that stratosphere.
I think dutar's point (and I agree with him) is there's an element of "the devil you know" at play here that no draft selection could ever possess. He's got some very good tape vs. NFL talent.

Brandon Scherff, Jameis Winston, Leonard Fournette and Greg Robinson gave all been top 5 picks in recent drafts. None of those have come close to the kind of consistency that Fits showed last year on a bad team. While calling him a hypothetical top 5 talent in next year's draft might offend some, he'd be as close to a can't-miss prospect that there has been in recent memory and I think a lot of teams are going to want to get in on that.

I'd love for us to land him but if it turns into a bidding war and the price goes to Tunsil levels of stupidity, we won't have enough draft capital.

Da Beast

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I keep reading a lot about draft capital. Why?

Are we not in win now mode??? How often is a player of this caliber available for a trade that fills a need and helps us now?! I think we make this move and don’t look back. It’s not like we will only have him for this year. He will be a staple in f this defense for years to come.

VDK

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmm, what impact could a significant injury to Brees have on a Saints possible trade for Minkah Fritz.?

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hmm, what impact could a significant injury to Brees have on a Saints possible trade for Minkah Fritz.?
Zero chance now. Fins are likely to get a first-round pick and if Brees is out, it's not worth giving a high pick for a team with no shot to win a SB.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Traded to Pittsburgh for a 2020 1st. Could be a high pick without Ben.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That’s risky AF, the Steelers are going to suck this year.
And it’s a wasted year of his rookie contract. They’ll just have two years left before the expensive fifth year option...and they maybe give a top 10...surely at least a top 15 pick for him.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With Ben out and getting up in age, you’d think they’d want that pick for his successor. If nothing else Rudolph must be feeling really good about his job security.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Steelers better hope they have something in Mason Rudolph. They could wish they still have that pick..

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Shocked Pittsburgh did this. Nice move by Miami given the circumstances.

Really happy he didn’t end up in Seattle or Dallas (hoping Ramsey doesn’t end up in either place, either).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom