Minkah Fitzpatrick want out of Miami?? (1 Viewer)

Man, some of y'all be playing too much a Madden. The guy was one of the top slot corners in the league, as a rookie. The Dolphins are already flush with picks. They are under no pressure to sell low. He's got 4 years left on his deal. No way he's leaving for less than a 2nd + something else. And tbh, if it was, say a 2 and a 4 I'd probably do it. Hell, even at 1 I'd think about it. He would come in here and immediately push #26 out of the slot (which would be a good thing).

Man, some of y'all be playing too much a Madden. The guy was one of the top slot corners in the league, as a rookie. The Dolphins are already flush with picks. They are under no pressure to sell low. He's got 4 years left on his deal. No way he's leaving for less than a 2nd + something else. And tbh, if it was, say a 2 and a 4 I'd probably do it. Hell, even at 1 I'd think about it. He would come in here and immediately push #26 out of the slot (which would be a good thing).
PRob was the top slot corner the year before we brought him in and he is now on the bench.

Last edited:
It's a no-brainer IMO.... He's a 2nd year player that has 4 seasons left on his rookie deal... Was a high 1st round pick... and Was one of the best secondary players in the NFL last year.... It would be extremely unlikely that we find a player of his caliber in the low 2nd or 3rd rounds of the draft.... Heck, maybe not the late 1st...

If they would accept 1 pick and 1 player... I'd be listening, even if they wanted a 1st (we might be able to re-coup a 2nd or 2nd and 4th).... Who knows... that said, players like him (young, talented, productive, under contract) are never up for trade... so you have to at least give it a shot IMO.

It's a no-brainer IMO.... He's a 2nd year player that has 4 seasons left on his rookie deal... Was a high 1st round pick... and Was one of the best secondary players in the NFL last year.... It would be extremely unlikely that we find a player of his caliber in the low 2nd or 3rd rounds of the draft.... Heck, maybe not the late 1st...

If they would accept 1 pick and 1 player... I'd be listening, even if they wanted a 1st (we might be able to re-coup a 2nd or 2nd and 4th).... Who knows... that said, players like him (young, talented, productive, under contract) are never up for trade... so you have to at least give it a shot IMO.

The challenge is that the Saints projected draft position really hurts us. Teams know that the Saints will likely be picking late, so there are over 20 teams that could easily outbid us.

Would give a two plus other compensation for Fitzpatrick. In fact, I would give a one. And I hate giving up draft picks. But he was high number one who has played like a high number one at an impact position.

Asking price seems too high to me. Loomis likes bargains.

You make that move if you're in the Saints FO. See if they'll take a 2, but you have no problems giving up a 1. here's why... we need a slot corner. Maybe we have a competent slot on the roster, but PRob isn't the PRob from Philly. PJ is still PJ... and we really don't know what we have in Chauncey.

We'll be choosing at the end of the first round, so any player that you take will PROBABLY not be as good as Minkah. You also have his 5th year option, and you're not on the hook for his rookie signing bonus.

Make that trade and you've strengthened your defense big time.

I’m hoping the Saints get in the mix here and end up making a deal for Fitzpatrick. He has the ability to be an impact player in the league and can solve one of the Saints defense’s major holes in the slot CB role. This would allow the Saints to then focus on developing CJGJ as a true SS in the event that Vonn Bell is not able to be re-signed following the season. I’d do it for a 2nd in a heartbeat... and I’d even do it for a 1, if the Saints could get a 2nd or 3rd back on the comeback.

You make that move if you're in the Saints FO. See if they'll take a 2, but you have no problems giving up a 1. here's why... we need a slot corner. Maybe we have a competent slot on the roster, but PRob isn't the PRob from Philly. PJ is still PJ... and we really don't know what we have in Chauncey.

We'll be choosing at the end of the first round, so any player that you take will PROBABLY not be as good as Minkah. You also have his 5th year option, and you're not on the hook for his rookie signing bonus.

Make that trade and you've strengthened your defense big time.
Miami already has our 2 in the trade up for McCoy. We do not have a 2nd rounder to offer.

If we don't do everything we can to win the Superbowl this year then what is the point? If he is available we have to go for it. Having a bad slot corner almost cost us the game Monday.

Don't you wish we had a better option at nickel for this game against the Rams?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom